Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my truck back yesterday from the dealer. Replaced all 8 injectors. Lucky me, it was covered under the extended warranty. I strongly suggest that you change your oil as soon as possible after getting your injectors changed. I changed my oil last night and noticed alot of grit and small particles of sand in my filter. I have a pure power filter that is servicable. When I pulled the oil filter apart all the grit was between the can and the filter with no noticable grit on the inside of the filter that returns oil to the engine. Truck runs smoother after new injectors. Hope these last at least 72,000 miles.

LA DMAX

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Ive been interested in that fuel filter, where did you get it?

Also, the dealer is suppose to change coolant, oil, oil filter, and fuel filter......its part of the warranty. Some have had to pay for fluids, a.k.a deductible. 100-150 bucks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ive been interested in that fuel filter, where did you get it?

Also, the dealer is suppose to change coolant, oil, oil filter, and fuel filter......its part of the warranty. Some have had to pay for fluids, a.k.a deductible. 100-150 bucks.
the dealer actually isnt suposed to change those fluids when doing injectors unlessa injector sleeve pulls out or there is fuel in the crank case. and then it is only the oil that they are suposed to change and top off the coolant.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ScramHD, I got the oil filter from Kelly at Pure Power just after SEMA last year. I talked with him for about 1 hour and told him I would be down at his place the following week. At that time he was still working on the fuel filter and I think he was still making his prototype. Do a google search for PurePower filters and you will hit their web site and then off of that you can find a local dealer or contact them. As for the dealer changing oil and fluids, JackC is right. They didn't change the oil, they just toped off the Dexcool and I already had them changing the fuel filter at my request. They also added 2 bottles of diesel fuel conditioner PN 8886109 that costs $11.00 a pop.

Scram, I'm really glad I had that oil filter. It lets you see what's in your oil when you clean the filter and even though it filters down to I think 20 mic, it's absolute filtration, not nominal. If I had an oem, I'd never see all that crap that fell into the crank case during the injector swap. Hope it helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.