Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine just bought a 2008 F-250 Crew-Cab FX4 Powerstroke... Leather, moonroof, etc. Man that truck is quite too. Smooth powerband and rides nice. He is putting on aftermarket wheels/tires tommorrow. The inside is alot nicer than the previous year model. But I can't get over how quite the engine is, hardly even like it's a diesel. I'll take a couple of pics with the new wheels and tires tommorrow.

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
08?

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
mannytranny;1592048; said:
Believe it or not, our 08 luxury coaches have been out for a while.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
07 Tahoes were for sale Jan 1, 2006. I don't see why seeing an 08 is too shocking...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reineke;1592088; said:
07 Tahoes were for sale Jan 1, 2006. I don't see why seeing an 08 is too shocking...
Not that it's shocking.... In Nort-East Texas the 08 Super duty Strokes have just now been hitting the lots for sale within the last week, This was the first one for Fairway Ford In Henderson/Tyler. Just something different I thought.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I work at a ford dealership as diesel tech. we got 2 08's in the last week. they have me doing PDI's on them. one was ok, the other fell on its face. brought it in the shop ran diag. low fuel pressure. went through all daigs, pulled both vavle covers, found a pin hole in #8 injector which had to crankcase full of fuel. replaced injector and changed oil and was all ok. but i think ford needs to respell their name...FOTD found on trailer dead. it didnt even have a chance to get on the road lol.

·
Registered
924 Posts
the twins are probally already in the making and we dont know about it yet.Id say it will happen in a yr or so for the duramax.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I hate to admit it but I do have a eye for the ford interiors .

·
Registered
199 Posts
yeah they look alright inside, but i myself don't like the headlights and how they look, same can be said for me about the dodges. just my opinion. in my opinion for needed to change the whole body, i think the 05 front end style looked better, just update everything else, i mean its what year 8-9 maybe of that body style? its getting old.

·
Registered
69 Posts
the one thing i miss about the 2 ford 6.0s i had is the interior. the chevy crewcab is a joke for 4 big guys. of course i dont miss the 6,0 after ford replaced the fisrt one i lemon lawed the 2nd one.now i have an 06 lbz

·
Registered
199 Posts
agreed much roomer in the back, but the 05-06 style back seat sucked, the 99-02 style was much better.

·
Premium Member
17,953 Posts
I have to admit that the ford is a "butch" looking truck, but I'm pretty sure 1. glow plugs will still go bad before 80k miles.
2. injector harnesses before 60k miles.
3. ball joints before 55k miles
4. $500 for a instrument panel bezel that cracks regardless of use. The GM equivalent was $90 and it was damaged in an accident, never had a GM one crack.
5. dome lamp switches under the door latches so they fill with grease and crud
6. A/C compressor cluthed w/o a relay so the plugs melt at the cutoff switches.
7. A turn signal stalk that always fights to stay deactivated:mad: .
8. Locking hubs built out a non-corrosion resistant material. $200 per side every 90k miles.
9. 40k miles and the "3254ca" vacuum seals are gone.

I'm sure I'll come up with more, but as a fleet manager, my GM's cost less than a third of what the fords do, to make 200k miles.

So thank you Ford, you've reinforced what I already knew. Quality is not job #1.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I heard a major development was in the works for 09 on the dmax to meet 2010 emmissions.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I Heard the 6.7 Cummins already meets the 2010 Emissions....:) Maybe thats why GM and Chrysler are talking...:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts