Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just thought I'd comiserate with all of you. Sometime between two and four days ago, someone keyed my tailgate.

Attachments

·
Registered
881 Posts
some people do not have respect for other peoples property. Keying a car is the dumbest thing anyone can do.

-:t Censored

·
Registered
682 Posts
If you catch them I hope I get on your jury....I will never find you guilty.

·
Banned
720 Posts
someone need a hand broken for crap like that work hard to have stuff and someone has to mess it up probbally someone jelious or juvine deliquants .i feel for you maybe you can find a tailgate the same color cheaper than a repaint and it will still have the factory finish

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hey sorry to hear that some stupid moron did that, I know its a long shot but I hope somehow you find out who did it. I had a friend whose grandparents had their car keys and few years ago and that same friend had someone put shaving cream on his 1979 firebird spelling out "F U" and this all happened in a 900 about population town.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sorry to hear that however if you can find someone in your area that knows what they are doing wet sanding it can be taken out. Probably cost about 100.00 but it can be taken out. I had a pretty bad scratch on the side of my bloack truck and I called a local car lot and they gave me the name of a mobile car detailing guy. He got it out using wet sanding then washed and waxed the whole truck. I know where the scratch was and I can not find it.

Brad

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks fellas! I'll look into trying to find someone who wet sands. I didn't think about that. I have another scratch near the driver's side door - I did that one :eek: . It goes past the paint, though. It'll have to be a proper re-painting I think. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
You will be amazed at what a good paint and finish person can do to fix some scratches.

Having said that, I too have been keyed - years ago, and I'm still piCensored ed about it. I hope whoever did yours (and mine too) has someone do it to them someday. Of course the aCensored hole probably won't ever own something worth keying.

If I ever someone keying someone, I'll most likely end up going to jail.......:smashfrea

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thanks fellas! I'll look into trying to find someone who wet sands. I didn't think about that. I have another scratch near the driver's side door - I did that one :eek: . It goes past the paint, though. It'll have to be a proper re-painting I think. We'll see.
Great thing about Texas is, if they do that at night, you can shoot them legally.

Bad thing is, you didn't catch them doing it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts