Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally came! The '04 Duramax I ordered a couple months back rolled into the dealer on Friday & I picked it up on Saturday. So far I'm amazed! I've done strictly city driving - and even then I'm varying the engine speeds, taking as many hills & curves as I can, so far I the milage is averaging 19 to 15.9. Wonder what it will do on the freeway. It's amazing to have all this power & still have a quite truck with this kind of economy.

I'm told to vary the engine speed just like a gasser for break-in. I've done all city driving for the first 260 miles, but have to hit the freeways, then climb a 7000' mountain tomorrow - any suggestions on break-in procedures for these trucks?

Took the long way home after a photo job this past weekend:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats on your new GMC! I was told to break her in easy for the first 500 miles and be lite on the diesel padel. No towing for the first 500 miles or so. Have fun with her and be kind.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congratulations on your new truck!

I just picked mine up on March 31st. Have driven it about 120 miles so far and LOVE IT.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I just picked mine up today too!

Same truck as yours in Silver Birch with Charcoal Gray leather.

I'm looking forward to getting all sorts of information from you folks here.

I need to get rid of the wheels and tires asap. I don't mind the wheels but the tires are way too tiny. I'm not planning on much in the way of a lift, maybe 3" if any at all. Is there a section here for newbies that answers all of the tired questions regarding maximum tire sizes, oil change intervals, mods, etc. . .

I hate asking the same questions that every other new member asks (but I still need all the answers).

Know whutta mean?

Gar

·
Registered
68 Posts
How long did it take you guys to get your trucks from the time you ordered them ? I ordered mine on 3/19. I hate waiting for things to arrive. Im not very good at it !!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jjs3788 said:
How long did it take you guys to get your trucks from the time you ordered them ? I ordered mine on 3/19. I hate waiting for things to arrive. Im not very good at it !!

I ordered mine at the end of January (around the 27th I think) and it arrived at the dealer 3/27. I've heard of longer waits (11 weeks in one case!). I wasn't concerned because I didn't plan on selling my previous truck until the new one arrived.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I found exactly the truck I was looking for on a dealer lot.

Got my GM "S" plan number from my Father in Law and rolled in and bought it.

Gar

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
I think things have gotten better at GM as far as thier delivery times. When I ordered my '01 hd with the 8.1 and 6 speed....We ordered on Nov. 14 2000.....It showed up March 6, 2001......Talk about a long wait. My new truck? We ordered it Jan 14, it showed up Mar. 03

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am really hoping that it comes by the end of the month, since I believe they just raised the incentive to $3500 this month. At leaast thats what the dealer told me.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The current incentives are good till 6-1-04

·
Registered
68 Posts
Good. Hopefully it will be here by then.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rangervx said:
The current incentives are good till 6-1-04

That's the only thing I got dinged on ... I was originally approved for the 0%/60 month financing, but apparently that program expired mid-March - my truck arrived around the end of the month so I got 1.9%/60 months. The dealer showed me a paper with the current incentive as 1.9%/60 months - some of the feedback I had received early in the deal was a little weird (read: dishonest), but I had to assume they wouldn't generate a false paper to show me an incentive expired early ... either way between the GM Supplier cert and the 1.9 it's a good deal...

·
Registered
32 Posts
You really got dinged. The incentives were good untill March 31. I paid for mine on March 27th and got the 0%. If I were you, I would have a few choice words with the dealership.

·
Registered
42 Posts
inte

Your post was correct. I was in the same situation. When I ordered at the end of January, the incentive was 60 months/0%. I took delivery on March 31st and the incentive had changed as you stated. I chose the $2500 cash back and did my own financing.

.....But, if I had waited one day... I would have gotten $3500 cash back. Oh well, I'm very happy with the new truck anyway.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The 0% for 60 mos.was changed to 0% for 48 mos. or 1.9% for 60 mos. on march 1st.My truck arrived 3-3-04 and the dealer back dated things to get the 0%............JB.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
4500/LLY said:
The 0% for 60 mos.was changed to 0% for 48 mos. or 1.9% for 60 mos. on march 1st.My truck arrived 3-3-04 and the dealer back dated things to get the 0%............JB.

that's the only thing that kills me ... knowing the dealer can do essentially whatever they want - ah well, I still think I got a good deal and like sfischer said, I'm happy with the truck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think they felt bad since I ordered the truck in Oct. last year and it finally got built Feb. this year.Thankfully it was built in Flint and only had to go to northern Ohio.............JB.
Edited by: 4500/LLY

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just checking in. Picked up my new 2004 Chevy 2500HD LLY D/A Sport Red LS/EC/SB on 3/22/04

Haven't figured how to get a good quality Pic posted yet. GrizzyEdited by: grizzy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts