Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was lucky enough to have the juice for an hour. A fellow duramaxer installed it on my truck at the Northeast Ct get together yesterday. All I can say is holy schmokes. My truck never smoked or squealed like that before. We went through all the stages and it was like I was driving a race car. I was even able to smoke the tires, and on a dually thats excitement. Thanks for letting me use the juice. It was nice to meet ya at the Get Together. Next time we put the juice to my truck it stays!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Now you'll never be happy until you get your own box. Although you had the only DMAX with a winch. A sweet winch I might add.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Gradyghost said:
Well i was lucky enough to have the juice for an hour. A fellow duramaxer installed it on my truck at the Northeast Ct get together yesterday. All I can say is holy schmokes. My truck never smoked or squealed like that before. We went through all the stages and it was like I was driving a race car. I was even able to smoke the tires, and on a dually thats excitement. Thanks for letting me use the juice. It was nice to meet ya at the Get Together. Next time we put the juice to my truck it stays!

Glad to see you liked it.

It's made the rounds I'll tell ya.........that's 4.61 HOT OJ

T
NY

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think there is still some juice left in the truck. I can still smoke em at the stop signs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gradyghost said:

I am just curious about the juice and all the other advancements in power and performance. I haven't had any exposure to any of this since I don't have a new d/a yet, (plan to next spring) but I have read practically every fourm and vender site list imagineable. The question I have is this...

While I understand that everyone wants more power and performance, I am just curious as to wether or not the rest of the pickup will tolorate the add in hp and torque over the long haul. Some of the fourm's suggest that even moddest increases in HP and torque will do major harm to the tranny and rear end which indicates to me that all of the secondary equipment is designed to withstand factory HP/Torque settings and nothing more. Am I reading this right? Do you have to spend another pile of $ to beef up the tranny, driveshafts, rear end, trans case, etc. in order to make it last. When I bought my last truck I bought it with the idea that it should last 10 years or 200,000 miles before I buy a new one. It will be 10 next may and it has 160,000 miles on it. It has done its job based on my demands. Is this too much to hope for with the performance mods? I also assume that the factory warranty is nonexistent after you do all of these modifications. Am I wrong?

I am just curious because I also want as much power as I can get. I would just like a pretty good idea of what is going to happen as a result of the xtra power and the approximate $$......Thanks, BrianEdited by: fozsey

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
fozsey

not that i would do something like add the juice to my work truck.
but as far as things go the normal juice is about as far as you can go and still depend on it every day. i depend on mine everyday.
If your dealer isnt an a$$ then you can just remove the box and your good for waranty. if you broke something from beating on it every day then im sure your dealer will get wise. the tranny is the weakest link and it can handle 375 hp. the standard juice goes just beyond at 390 or so flywheel. Your biggest problem is EGT's. if your towing get guages. i dont have them yet and im sure when i do ill drop a load once i see how high they get. i never heard of anything breaking but the tranny starts to slip once the clutches get smoked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts