Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, boxed up my 4.61 version and sent it in for an "Attitude" adjustment. Hope it doesn't take too long.

BTW the upgrade is $299 until the end of the month and then goes up to $349.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I feel your pain, gwmayes. I sent mine in early (arrived in Ogden 10/22/03) along with the attitude since the old-new attitude won't work with the old-new juice. Edge claims that if it was there on 11/3, it's already on the way back, but mine must be coming in a Ford powered delivery van because it ain't here yet.

I'll let you know when it arrives.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I was lucky enough to sell my old juice and order a new 4.73 attitude ready juice and attitude. I only had to go 1 day without mine. Worst day of my life.
I feel your pain.

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
If you don't need the exact same unit back, then an exchange can be done. I had a large number of them in for update, and just got the case back, so they definitely are in the works. Not sure about turn around time as I had mine in for quite a while... Edited by: Kennedy

·
Registered
433 Posts
Well, I can't complain about withdrawel pains because I have never driven in a Duramax with a Juice. However, I am feeling pain from excitement because I just ordered a Juice with an Attitude. I am hoping it gets here soon for I want to see what my truck is capable of. Any suggestions on what I should expect, shouldn't expect? I haven't heard of anyone disappointed with the Juice yet. I paid $700 for the Juice with Attitude and shipping costs to Alaska. Did I get ripped off
Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
612 Posts
Jeff ...
Hot Juice + Alaskan snow =

You'll love it but use with care
Jim

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
JEBar said:
Jeff ...
Hot Juice + Alaskan snow =

You'll love it but use with care
Jim

Talk about withdrawls..... He can only use the juice on month out of the year......

·
Registered
433 Posts
Ok, Alaska is not that bad. It is better here in Anchorage then it is in most of the northern states down there. We don't have any snow as of yet and it has been in the 40's lately. So, I might be limited on using the Juice's full power from December - April. But after that I am good to go.

·
Registered
112 Posts
It looks like we are in for 5 to 10 inches of snow tonight. I guess it's the perfect time to send in for an attitude adjustment.

Be careful Jeff you will be able to put down some serious twist with that rig. I would hate to have to meet you under dire circumstances. --SS

·
Registered
433 Posts
SS, Where are you at in Anchorage? I am up on the hillside so I am hoping we get some winds to blow all that white stuff down in town.
I am very anxious to get this Juice w/attitude. I did a lot of work on my 94 Camaro and I loved the power/speed that I got. Then I bought this truck with the Duramax/alli. I never owned a diesel before and I didn't realize how much power it was capable of until I seen one for myself with a chip. So, I wanted to upgrade and have something more versatile for my daily needs. What would you suggest setting it at during the winter driving? Maybe someday we will meet up.

Jeff

·
Registered
112 Posts
Jeff,

I have regular juice version 4.61 and the highest I run it is on level 2, although I'm thinking that with attitude I may eventually start to use level 3. It really improves power right around 2k rpm and is great for towing at that setting. I would set it higher but I don't really need the power in the first place, and I'd like to maintain a safe margin for the tranny and general wear and tear on the drivetrain. I want my truck to last a while.

I live at the base of the hillside near Lk Otis and Abbot. It looks like this storm is indeed going to dump some powder on us. There is already a couple of inches out there. My truck is a dark green crew cab long bed 2500HD with a ARE MX series shell. I don't drive it very often in the winter but you may see me around. --SS

·
Registered
433 Posts
SS,

I will keep and eye out for you. I to don't drive the truck much in the winter. I drive my GEO metro
in the winter. Just look for me in a blue metro with the license plate that says "GO GEO"...

Acehi

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
stretch said:
Hey JK,

Did you get my updated Juice out to me yet ....

U-bet!

With any luck the postman will have it to you Saturday!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Came home from work today and guess what was waiting for me?

I can feel the "pain" subsiding already. Boy, that was quick. I sent it in on Friday, the 6th.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts