Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a Predator downloader. I have been running the edge J/A for the last year. My question is.............Do I need to completely unplug the edge before I load a tune with the Predator? Or will it not matter?

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
If you are loading anything other than a stock tune with speedo mods I'd discontinue use of the Juice. I tried this stack on my 2005 and it really doesn't do much, but makes the engine choppy/noisy...

As for loading while the Edge is plugged in, no problem. I actually have a J/A on my truck set to level 0 and it does not alter vehicle operation.

EITHER of the two are capable of producing more power alone than the stock trans can take.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
You do not need to remove the edge before downloading with the predator. I did it numerous times with no issues. Of course I pulled my fuses before downloading.

The stack doesn't do much. I was able to run the 40hp tune with the E/J on any setting but that was about the best results I could get. I tried to run the E/J on a lower setting and the larger Predator tunes and it ran like crap. That was the Predator 2.00 version which added no timing to the 40hp tune. Also the Predator larger tunes always ran better with the Edge removed rather than on level 0.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I had V1.0 and left the edge plugged in and ran the predator for quite a while. No issues until the edge died (unrelated issue).

-chris

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. I thought i read here somewhere that it was imperative to remove the juice before installing any tune. This will save me some work. I will still b pulling my fuses.

I also thought the the Pred stacks well with the Juice. Is anyone having a favorable experience with this configuration?

I now have the juice at stock level and the Pred at 40. The shifts are alot better without the hesitation or hangup between gears that the juice is notorious for.

BTW,

I will b consulting with a tranny shop in the next few weeks

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Predator on 40 and the E/J on any level worked well for me since the Predator (V2.00) did not add any timing on the 40hp level. I didn't have much luck with any of the higher predator levels and the Juice set to level 1 or higher. Also when I ran the Predator on higher than 40hp tune it ran better with the Edge removed than with it installed and on level 0. That's just my experience. Also your best bet to limp the trans is Predator on 40, E/J on 5/5 and doing a WOT downshift from 5th to 4th.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts