Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My recent replacement is starting to show the same unreliability as the previous.

The 'tude will bootup on acc or on position of the ign switch. It may/may not reboot when the switch is thrown into the start position. Results could be success, or frozen, or back light only, or dark, or just the screen markings.

Doesn't seem to be a connector issue ~ I've no electrical mods ~ batts are good. Eng pretty much stock ~ Seems like a high voltage spike during the starting may knock it offline?

Anyone else experience this? Thots?

·
Registered
180 Posts
i have had mine for a while now with no problems? i would keep in touch with edge to see if maybe it is there product

·
Registered
659 Posts
:( I really want the J/A but after reading about all the issues...especially the truck shutting down and having no PS or Brakes...what if you're in a panick situation and that happens? While think I may be able to handle that my wife couldn't. I think I'll wait a while and see what gets sorted out. EFI LIVE is looking better all the time.

·
Registered
180 Posts
yes, i think every truck is different and every one could have different results all i can say is i guess try it and see what happens you might get lucky

·
Registered
659 Posts
I guess I should go for the J/A. I already have Trippins overhead mount. Like you said...all trucks are different. Perhaps I'll get a good one and MY TRUCK may like it. If not, Edge is great about standing behind their products.
I should just quit :duh:and go for it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My recent replacement is starting to show the same unreliability as the previous.

The 'tude will bootup on acc or on position of the ign switch. It may/may not reboot when the switch is thrown into the start position. Results could be success, or frozen, or back light only, or dark, or just the screen markings.

Doesn't seem to be a connector issue ~ I've no electrical mods ~ batts are good. Eng pretty much stock ~ Seems like a high voltage spike during the starting may knock it offline?

Anyone else experience this? Thots?
Not trying to be a smart tail so please don't take it that way! :lol:

You say you have no 'electrical mods', but you list:
  • dual alternators
  • OD lockout
  • Hi-idle
  • KD Headlight booster
  • A-pillar gauges
  • Prodigy brake controller
  • 14VDC DRL bulbs
  • air horns
If I were trouble shooting a problem that kept happening, over and over, no matter how many boxes they sent me, I would start to suspect something in the truck. Maybe start by just connecting the Attitude to the Juice directly under the hood (ie: don't run the cable inside the cab and just stand there with it in your hands). Keep all of the cable as far away from other wiring as possible while you try it.

You have listed plenty of potential electrical interferers, even if they are installed properly. There could be a piece of equipment that has bad shielding, a bad oscillator, a bad ground, etc, etc. At this point, I would stop blaming the Attitude/Juice so much and start looking for possible culprits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts