Diesel Place banner

Juice w/ Attitude problems

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  OC_DMAX 
#1 ·
Ok everyone, I got my juice installed and I do like it so far. However, I am having some problems with it and I contacted the company that sold it to me and they are looking into it to see what it could be. I thought I would see if anyone else has had these problems with the Juice. My first problem is my engine temp doesn't work. It just sits at 40 degrees. My other problem, is when I set the transmission settings to no-defuel on shift it still does or at least it feels like it does. I just did it for a short bit just to see what setting 5 was like. I am currently on setting 2 for the winter time or at least till the snow melts off the roads. Is anyone else having problems with the engine tempurature not working?

See less See more
#2 ·
are you sure its engine temp, not EGT thats displaying at 40 deg?? WHen my pyro was not hooked it seemed to display 40 deg, do you have the pyro installed?

other than that i have no idea......

#3 ·
My EGT works fine. I had to drill and tap a hole in my exhaust manifold to accomodate the EGT sensor. That runs anywhere from 200 degrees idleing to 750 degrees when driving 75 mph. I have had it up to 1100 degrees when running hard a couple times. But the top right display shows engine temp and it just sits at 40 degrees. I thought it would read off the engine oil temp or maybe a sensor somewhere on the block. But shouldn't it read the same temp that my dash display reads?

#5 ·
I don't have one but am looking at getting a J/A.

But i remember some posts that the temp doesn't work on the 01 trucks.

Hopefully someone like JK can get on here and give u the correct info.

Get on the 'power and performance' link more info there.Edited by: Dmax Tim

#6 ·
The destructions say that the temp dosnt work on a 01. I just got my attitude and did notice that it seems to read much lower temps than the gauge, low by 20 deg or so. Anyone else notice this?

#8 ·
The destructions say that the temp dosnt work on a 01. I just got my attitude and did notice that it seems to read much lower temps than the gauge, low by 20 deg or so. Anyone else notice this?

I have read some of the data coming out of the OBDII port. I noticed that the battery voltage is in the 13.6 volt range while the gauge indicates about 14.6 volts. I have measure the battery with a DVM and verified it is reading 13.6. So I believe what is being reported digitally.

My guess --- So the above applies to voltage. Assuming the Juice is monitoring the CAN bus and picking up this info in a digital format, I would believe the juice and not the analog gauge in the truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.