Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What settings should you have ...when racing... went from a 70 roll on level 5 aganist a new 6 liter ford.... mistake... limped the trans and lost...it is ok in level 4 .. but was not enough to win....let alone not having the speed limt taken off... another mistake...lol as i sat there while he pulled ahead...thanks

·
Registered
393 Posts
Get at least a transgo and run it on 5 all you want. Then call him back out for some more. You just have to watch your 4to5 upshift, with stock tranny!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Did it limp during the 4-5 shift? How long have you had the Edge? I've had mine for a couple weeks and have run it pretty hard on #5 and have not limped it yet. I have it set to defuel at all shifts and low boost on 5.

I read somewhere that if your trans is a little week to start off on 5 and reduce power to 3 before it shifts to 5th gear.

Jesse

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
racerman610 said:
What settings should you have ...when racing... went from a 70 roll on level 5 aganist a new 6 liter ford.... mistake... limped the trans and lost...it is ok in level 4 .. but was not enough to win....let alone not having the speed limt taken off... another mistake...lol as i sat there while he pulled ahead...thanks

Interesting ...

Never got one bumped up but I await the day ...

The new Furds shut down like the GM's 97 ish with out aid ...

Mac

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know the ford was chipped.... or juice.... didnt know if by setting the attitude at a different setting ... you could punch it from a roll with out limping the trans... he had to of had the speed limiter off .. thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have had the attitude sice it first came out.. so the trans is used to it.... it wont limp it on 4... but 5.. forget it from a roll....will try defueling at all shifts to see if that helps

·
Registered
511 Posts
The ford MUST have had something good!

I had a 6.0L and guarantee the Dmax with juice on level 2 would spank it stock! Level 1 maybe...

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
A friend of mine with a 6.0L has some nice upgrades. He has a true 4" from the turbo flange back. He also has a bully dog module and a afe intake. Claims it was dynoed ar 400 rear wheel horepower? How much of an advantage do they have over us by being able to replace the down pipe? Has anyone ever really tried to replace the dmax down pipe, or is just impossible with out moving the engine forward or cutting a hole in your fire wall? Is it nessacary?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Its to tight for anything bigger, but even though you have a smaller pipe there its not that bad. the main restriction on those is the plugged muffler!!!

DEREK

·
Registered
185 Posts
Bronco said:
A friend of mine with a 6.0L has some nice upgrades. He has a true 4" from the turbo flange back. He also has a bully dog module and a afe intake. Claims it was dynoed ar 400 rear wheel horepower? How much of an advantage do they have over us by being able to replace the down pipe? Has anyone ever really tried to replace the dmax down pipe, or is just impossible with out moving the engine forward or cutting a hole in your fire wall? Is it nessacary?
The down pipe issue has been acomplished awhile back.

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Who built one for the DMAX? Where can I buy one?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Bronco:To my knowlege there are no mfg's making one.

CPmac made one himself and had it on his 01 6-speed. In the near future we will make one for my allison and try it.

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
That's what I like to hear!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts