Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does temp or A/C have any affect on Juice/Attitude performance. It seems like when my Allison and Engine both get around 200, my power goes down. Is this possible or is it me?

I know hotter intake air and the A/C being on can rob some power from the engine, but should it be noticable?

BTW, my 01 is completely stock except for the Edge (Level 3).

·
Banned
449 Posts
You shouldnt notice any different being those temps are in the normal operating range. My 01 seemed the same whether it was 32 or 100 out.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
I notice a significant drop in performance with ambient air in the 50's compared to air that requires AC ...

Any Accessories can pull away power .... Probably more noticeable in the lower settings tho ...

Mac

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Man, I`ll tell you, if you can tell a difference while running A/C and the Juice, something is wrong. The A/C robs you of 3-5 HP and when you are running 350-400 rwhp that is nothing to speak of.

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
Matador, what you may be experiencing is fan engagement with temps as you describe, and that is noticeable HP loss. You should also HEAR it. I know I do, right around 190 F on the trans temp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts