Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm new to the electronic games w/ the boxes, I need some help as to what to get.

03 GMC D/A CC LB, pull trailers some usually 15,000#+.

I also daily drive it 40 or so miles.

This was #7 D/A truck and I going to try and get an 04 w/ the new specs.

I trade or sell every 6-10 months, since I get GMS on new trucks, sp I don't want to get too carried away and have to put in pyrometer.

Juice w/ attitude or go w/ the Quad Tow or other box.

I've read the problems others are having w/ juice and quad so who has the best tech help too.

I'll buy from Cons or Kennedy or someone else here.

Thanks for the help.

·
Banned
328 Posts
I think it depends on what is most important to you?

We can change tires sizes and remove your top speed limiter.

The juice (currently) feels slightly better at low rpms, but we are definately stronger in the higher rpm range.

We shift much faster without de-fuel.

The biggest advantage to the juice in my opinion is that you can use 2 settings and flip back and forth between them.

Other than that they will both work great.

We are releasing v1.11 today!

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I would prefer a tighter shift and a higher rpm between shifts. I hate it when it feels like it's just starting to roll then it upshifts (mine... no box.. lp)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Quad, does the 135 raise the rev limiter? I thought I read somewhere it brings it up to 3500rpm. Thanks.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Quad,

What's new/updated in v1.11 vs. 1.08??

I read on another thread that you were working to improve low-end power of the Stealth - does v1.11 improve the existing tunes or does it address other issues?

Doug

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Isnt no defule hard on the tranny? I must admit the defule from the juice is rather anoying but if it keeps my trany alive I guess I gota live with it. I also think my trany shifts way to soft.....but it shifts real nice IMO when I yanked the box off to take her to the dealerand my truck was still used to dealing with the extra power

Quad alters the shiftpoints/firmness and such?

I know the juice drops back the power when it sense trany slip....does the quad box?

Is the 135 quad too much for the stock alli?

So many toys not enough money

·
Banned
328 Posts
No software changes.

v1.08 we had a different chip

v1.09 and v1.10 has the same chip as v1.08 but the boards had a few different components on them.

V1.11 is the same with different firmware on the chipset to compensate for a few problems we were having on the v1.08-v1.10.

I hate all this versions stuff, but it helps us keep track of changes and makes it easier to fix them if we have a problem.

We are hoping to release some software in the first part of NOV.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Yes it does raise the limter to about 3700 rpm.

In my opiniuon the Juice de-fueling only helps the tranny to a certain extent. I have seen plenty of Juice trucks with burnt clutches. I think you can only do so much.

I amnot going to say that there is no way that I am going to hurt the clutches, but when we do tha mapping there are some things we can do to help the shifting. We use the references in the ECM to help increase pressures in the tranny so that is shifts faster and firmer. THIS IS NOT A TRANNY FIX. To my knowledge the 110hp program has not hurt or limped any fresh trannies. I know that some trannies that have been beat up and the 110hp will slip them, but I think almost anything would.

The 135hp program can limp the tranny. With that said it has a lot to do with driving style and what you do with your truck. I know of several customers that only run in 135hp mode and have no problems. I also know some that do the same and can limp their tranny at will.

Remember that the 135 hp tune will put you close to or around 400 rwhp. I think about 390 rwhp is average. That is a tremendous amount of power.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
So you do rasie line pressure a bit. Cool.

400 rwhp tremendos?
Pfft.....It would only take me about 4 days before I was looking for the next bigger box. This "thing" is like an addiction, I started with the juice in the lowest setting to train my trany and was like holy crap! it dont get any better than this.....who needs level 2 let alone hot juice......Next thing i know I'm in level 4 telling myself that there must be something wrong with my truck since it dont really seem too fast anymore
It really seems like a dog when you go from juice to stock

One feature that I would think would be cool is to be able to set the trany back to square one so it relearns and backs down as apposed to slowly harshening the shift. Any way it would be possible? A tech 2 can do it right? Anyway to get the quad box to do it? It does clear codes dont it?

·
Banned
328 Posts
Until just a couple of short months ago 400 rwhp cost a lot of money. Now it is cheap and easy!

The average 4x4 single wheel crew cab truck runs [email protected] mph in the 1/8 with only a 135 tune. I call that tremendous.

Yes there is more available and there are faster trucks, but in my opinion the 135 is a perfect all around tune. It is very drivable and still gets decent mileage, decent egt's, and hauls tail!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Quadzilla said:
We are releasing v1.11 today!

I bought one today!!!!!! (Paul in Michigan). I hope you are sending me 1.11 ??????

·
Banned
328 Posts
If we shipped it today it was v1.11.

Some shipments got delayed until tomorrow because we didn't get the revisions loaded on all the tuners we needed to ship. Get me more info and I will make sure it gets to you timely and that you got the correct version.

Quad

·
Registered
962 Posts
Hey Quad, how are these units working with us 6 speed guys? If I am not doing any abusive launches or shifting, will the clutch hold the power while accelerating, or do they tend to slip when the power is poured on?

·
Banned
328 Posts
CPMAC would be good to ask about that, as he has tested all of the tunes I believe. I know on a dyni he can hold whatever he wants but drag racing he has to be careful or it will slip. That is with 500hp or so though. As far as I know the 135 won't slip it unless you ride it and get it hot. The 215 might slip it but I am not sure???

Maybe he will see this and give some good advise.

We have sold plenty of tuners to 6spd trucks, but we typically never get any feedback unless they have a problem!

Quad

·
Registered
96 Posts
Quad will the 1.11 help with the 01' problems with tire cal. and rev. limiter? Or......how is it going with the 01 programing fix?

Just a wondering

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well, I got to try a 215 HP Stealth Tuner. Lemme tell ya it Hauls A$$. It's raining here in lovely New England. This tuner was blowing the tires away in 4WD. I could blow thru my Torque Converter Clutch at will. Anybody interested in seeing what number's it makes on the Dyno? Come Saturday, no disappointments!
Anybody want to guess on the final #'s? Maybe we should have a pool. Winner gets to wash Mackin's truck. Weather is looking good for Saturday, don't miss it!

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Geerrhead said:
Well, I got to try a 215 HP Stealth Tuner. Lemme tell ya it Hauls A$$. It's raining here in lovely New England. This tuner was blowing the tires away in 4WD. I could blow thru my Torque Converter Clutch at will. Anybody interested in seeing what number's it makes on the Dyno? Come Saturday, no disappointments!
Anybody want to guess on the final #'s? Maybe we should have a pool. Winner gets to wash Mackin's truck. Weather is looking good for Saturday, don't miss it!
Dude we have all the fun ........

Mac

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I'm guessing Mackin is gonna be be showing up the handshaker
The big ole dooley is gonna put down..........512rwhp and 935trq. Anybody care to wager
Just looked on mapquest 7hrs 14minutes, 750kms. I'm guessing i could shave that to 5 1/2 to 6 hours. Just gotta convince the wife there is something in CT we need to go to, and stumble across you guys on the rollers.
........ I can see it now oh look honey some more dmaxs, lets see what there up to. Next thing i know
. Oh well at least you guys would put the truck on the rollers for me, wouldn;t ya, as a last request. Would love to attend, we'll see if the old charm still works. Later Jeremy

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
MAC ARE YOU DRIVING YOURS OR ARE YOU PUSHING IT TO THE DYNO????

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
PEANUTGRWR said:
MAC ARE YOU DRIVING YOURS OR ARE YOU PUSHING IT TO THE DYNO????
Driven,confident .....

Best part of it ,if I break it ,it's in the right spot ....

Unlimited Motorsports and Paint South Windsor CT ...... If "we" had our way they would be a premier diesel HOT ROD local,parts, service and testing .....Hoping to have the coin to get Chad to paint the Dually next spring ..... Maybe if I let him take it for a spin around the block,or two,he'll dump the Cummins ....

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

1 - 20 of 39 Posts