Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I'd check and see what you guys think of the power delivery of the Juice in #2 compared to #3 &#4 . Maybe my fuel filter is clogging up again. All stock, 03.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I ran mine in 2 to tow and it feels strong, but 3 and 4 still kick.... how many miles on filter?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not many, but when I changed my last one it looked like it had "Asphaltines" in it. Hoot turned me on to that one. It was like unrefined oil, sludge, not stuff growing in the tank. Maybe there was still a bunch of crap in the tank and the new filter is semi clogged again. We'll see. Truck is much more responsive in #2. I remember when #3 would make my head spin.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Topgas

You run any additives? Might be time to run something if your not.

Did you also treat your tank with some biocide?

·
Registered
540 Posts
I run FPPF Total Power and 8+ cetane in a 50/50 mix.

I get it from Kennedy and run it at 1.5 times the dose like he does.

I make up 2 bottles of the mixture by putting 1/2 of each bottle into another one, I then add 1 oz of a biocide to the bottle.

Diesel Cocktail!!!!

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I just got mine and can't get it off 90... Can't figure out why I would.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Mine feels smoother in level 4 than level 5

Do you see higher EGT with the higher levels???Edited by: DIESEL 5

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From what I've heard, biocide is very abrasive to the fuel system and can cause some real problems. I've seen this crop up in the marine industry but who know? Ya, I run power service additive in my fuel....I think thats the name of it . Hoot, your a friggin fruit cake anyway, Mr. propane/Juice. Next for you Nitro....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts