Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I just got my juice with attitude, but havn't opened it yet. I've heard some say to remove the exhaust manufold before drilling the hole for the probe. Others say just drill, start the motor after wards to blow the chips out. The place where I bought it says don't remove it. What do most do? Any problems from anyone that didn't removing before drilling?

Thanks Terry

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Welcome Terry...........

Not trying to scare ya, but an individual had a problem here.........a while back.

CntrlCalDmax woes

Most, if not all have had no problems..........drilling it on the truck running.

Make sure you get a good quality tap and I went up 1 drill size at a time starting with a 1/8" pilot hole with grease on the bit and use cutting oil when tapping. Eye protection and gloves are a good idea as well.

Maybe hoot will post his steps for ya.

T
NY

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hoot's install instructions are still in the DIY section. He may have joined the Dark Side, but he's still our friend. His way works very well. If you're the nervous type, take a valium or something first and have faith that it's not really a cruel practicle joke. Honest it works.

TC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts