Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed Juice Thursday evening. Been running level 1 till I get my Attitude installed, and letting the Allison get used to it. Drove 850 to Texas over the weekend, average trip speed was 65 MPH. Spent most of the time between 70 and 80. Low, and behold my milage for the trip was 21.7 MPG. Damn thing not only makes it faster, but more efficient.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Did you calculate your fuel mileage or was that on the DIC? If on the DIC, it will not be accurate anymore with the Juice. You will need to calculate it manually.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
silatman said:
Thought it might be to good to be true!!!!
Well, all things being equal it should increase your fuel mileage a little bit. That is if you can keep your foot out of it.
I think you'd be lucky to see 1mpg.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Mine went down 4mpg. But I have my foot in it all the time.

·
Banned
394 Posts
16 hwy 14.4 city

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright guys. Check milage on second to last fill up , and actually averaged 19.1 MPG. Again, av speed of 65 or so. I guess I must never have my foot in it. Just trying to let the Allison learn before kicking it in the a$$.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I saw no mileage increase with Juice.

In fact I have added the AFE Stage II filter, Flowmaster muffler slightly taller tires 265 X 75 s and I'm not sure I haven't lost mpg. And yes, I adjusted mileage for taller tire.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Woa there, Best setting is Hot

Asking for mileage with the Juice is sorta like asking the Viper Driver his mileage on a "Sunday Drive".

N/A you say......sorry

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Dave Lewis said:
Anyone?? Best setting for mileage unloaded?? Hurry, I'm getting ready for a long trip.

There are too many variables to "demand" a hard answer, Dave! The Dmax economy numbers run all over the place and there is a huge difference found in just a few rpms and mph. I run my Attitude in level 3 and 4 most of the time -see no difference between the two settings. I DO see as much as a 5 mpg difference between cruising at 2200 rpm (around 67 mph) and 2400 rpm (around 71 mph). Youre a big boy - use your eyes, ears and brain and get out there on your trip and find out what works best for YOU and YOUR truck!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I did not install mine for mileage, but on the last fill-up I checked it the old fashioned way and got 17.64mpg, unloaded.

Ron

1 - 14 of 14 Posts