Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed this combo last this week. The biggest part of the install is the EGT probe wich was fairly easy despite the fact that I neglected to account for the handles of my tap set when I drilled my hole!

Now, we have a lot of snow/ice and I can't really test the beast. I was playing with the juice configuraton options and was wondering one thing. Despite the obvious potential danger to the tranny, what is the real world impact of the "Defuek between shifts" and "low boost fueling" options.

What I mean is did someone do a 1/4 with the default values and the "more performant" values and what was the time for both runs?

thanks

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
low boost turn it to most responsive for fuel earlier and more performance ......the tranny defuel is best left to those with built trannys.......welcome to the show

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was able to conclude that but since those options were not available before the Atitude I wanted to know what was the gain if any.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
I set my delay at the lowest level for normal driving since I figure it will keep my oil a bit cleaner. But when i romp on her to level 5 it goes
Big difference in feel, probably not much of a change in oil cleanliness but it cant hurt IMO.

Full defule to keep the stock alli from tossing its cookies
Edited by: ratlover

·
Registered
306 Posts
Maxter said:
I was able to conclude that but since those options were not available before the Atitude I wanted to know what was the gain if any.

My thoughts the same.

Was the old juice 'low boost' setting equavalant to 1 or 5 ??

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The default setting was 3 on my unit before I changed it to 5...

The transmision setting was "defuel on all shifts" I kept it like that... so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts