Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANYONE HAVE ANY #S ON 0-60 TIMES ON A NON CALIFORNIA TRUCK WITH JUST A 4 INCH EXHAUST AND JUICE W/ATTITUDE. POSSIBLY LEVEL 3 AND LEVEL 5 NUMBERS. JUST RECENTLY INSTALLED MINE AND WONDERING IF IT IS WORKING CORRECTLY. IT FALLS ON ITS FACE WHEN SHIFTING GEARS SET IN THE DEFUEL ONLY ON 4-5 UNLOCKED SHIFTS. MY 0-60 TIME ON 5 IS 8.2. TIME ON LEVEL THREE IS 9.5. JUST DOES SEEM TO DO WHAT I THOUGT EVENTHOUGH IT CUT TIME OVER STOCK BY 2 SECONDS. ALSO SEEM TO SEE HIGH EXHAUST TEMPS EVEN WITH A 4 INCH EXHAUST. COULD I BE SEEING THESE PROBLEMS DUE TO FACTORY AIR FILTER OR IS IT JUST NATRAL TO RUN IN EXCESS OF 1350 DEGRESS ON LEVEL FIVE WITH NO LOAD. HELP -- I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO THINK. INSTALLED SAME SET UP ON A 6.0 FORD AT THE SAME TIME AS MINE AND IT SEEMS TO BE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. THANKS FOR ANY INFO.

·
Registered
306 Posts
wkbrd2damax said:
ANYONE HAVE ANY #S ON 0-60 TIMES ON A NON CALIFORNIA TRUCK WITH JUST A 4 INCH EXHAUST AND JUICE W/ATTITUDE. POSSIBLY LEVEL 3 AND LEVEL 5 NUMBERS. JUST RECENTLY INSTALLED MINE AND WONDERING IF IT IS WORKING CORRECTLY. IT FALLS ON ITS FACE WHEN SHIFTING GEARS SET IN THE DEFUEL ONLY ON 4-5 UNLOCKED SHIFTS. MY 0-60 TIME ON 5 IS 8.2. TIME ON LEVEL THREE IS 9.5. JUST DOES SEEM TO DO WHAT I THOUGT EVENTHOUGH IT CUT TIME OVER STOCK BY 2 SECONDS. ALSO SEEM TO SEE HIGH EXHAUST TEMPS EVEN WITH A 4 INCH EXHAUST. COULD I BE SEEING THESE PROBLEMS DUE TO FACTORY AIR FILTER OR IS IT JUST NATRAL TO RUN IN EXCESS OF 1350 DEGRESS ON LEVEL FIVE WITH NO LOAD. HELP -- I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO THINK. INSTALLED SAME SET UP ON A 6.0 FORD AT THE SAME TIME AS MINE AND IT SEEMS TO BE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. THANKS FOR ANY INFO.

If you just installed it, as stated above, I'd give it time to 'learn' the new power.

Start at level 1 and work you way up, changing levels after a few miles are put on at the old level.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Make sure you are in tow/haul also. I installed mine and just had a 7.4 in a CC 3500 on level 4. I was having a problem with hitting the temp limit but I used the cancel option for the test.

·
Registered
183 Posts
wkbrd2damax said:
MY 0-60 TIME ON 5 IS 8.2. TIME ON LEVEL THREE IS 9.5. JUST DOES SEEM TO DO WHAT I THOUGT EVENTHOUGH IT CUT TIME OVER STOCK BY 2 SECONDS.

How can you only be getting a 9.5 second 0-60 time with a performance box on a level 3 setting? A stock '01 can do that, or a little better. In an unscientific test, it looked like mine can hit just under 9 seconds, and IIRC, when they came out with the DMax, TL tested the stock truck at just a little over 9 seconds.

·
Registered
511 Posts
All of the above and

start from a stand still or close too it. I noticed that a rolling start yields crappy results but a standing start with ALL shifts on defuel (weird I know) and 3 on the smokeometer and tow/haul mode and level 5 was AMAZING! ...and I have a CA. model with the exact setup as you. on 5 it will L I G H T - U P the rears in first and second!!

Remember the Juice is taking steps to protect your equipment so you have to be in the right situation. (i.e. gotta be warm, clean shifts, etc.)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
correction to my 0-60. with set on level 5, no taul haul mode, and trans on no defuel it ran a 7.3 seconds. didnt check level three or level 0 again. maybe my first post time was a mistake. will try again later. still think box is not acting right.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I think my best was 6.2 sec(G-tech) on level 5

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DIESEL 5 said:
I think my best was 6.2 sec(G-tech) on level 5

WAS THIT WITH THE HOT 145 VS THE 125HP REGULAR

·
Registered
611 Posts
I got the "hot attitude" I think its at 145hp

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THAT WOULD MOST LIKELY ACCOUNT FOR THE DIFFERENCE

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
I hit 6.1 once with mine in T/H, Flat ground and perfect weather conditions. The best duplicatable time I've made is 6.3. That's in L5 with the hot tude, comp tude, 145 tude, whatever you want to call it... The one that cost an arm and a leg and shoulkd come with wings... I need to pull my cap off and make some runs with the Super Filter on. I doubt any filter will make a huge difference, but I'm sure a little...

Ox

1 - 12 of 12 Posts