Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother has an '02 D/A and we are about to put a Juice/Att. combo on it. We are trying to keep it simple and safe for the truck so I was just wondering if there is anything to be worried about. It is also getting an intake and exhaust. I know that there are a lot of people running this setup and I would appriciate any feedback on your results.

Thanks in advance,

Adam White

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would highly reccomend getting an exhaust system and doing some kind of air filter mod (Amsoil or K & N element).

John

·
Registered
946 Posts
I have it on my 04 and love it. I am currently waiting on an intake, and a mufflerectomy!

·
Registered
263 Posts
The only problem I had was a bent connector pin. Truch ran like crap, took juice off and same problem. Took to dealer, and they thought at first, injector problem. Pulled codes and ran trouble shoot, and found bent pin. Repaired pin, and called me to return truck. Service writer, asked me, "what is that velcro on the fuse box for"? BUSTED. I don't know I exclaimed, he gave me a wink, a token for a cup of coffee and a free rental car for my screw-up. What a guy. I had my Brother-inlaw hook the juice back up and been Lovin that Juice since. Thats My Story, and I'm Stick'in to it.Edited by: easymon4u

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
the only thing is your rear tires suffer

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys. All you folks from the "dark side" are'nt that bad after all.
If you don't mind, what are some of the numbers that I should expect?(boost, egt, ect.) Also, what is considered "out of hand" for these numbers for the D-Max? I don't know who is more excited about this upgrade, me or him. I'm ancious to line 'em up. Also, has anyone dynoed with this setup?

Thanks Again,

Adam White

·
Whipper Snapper
4,487 Posts
Boost = 22psi or less usually. I was never able to get it higher with the Edge (though I haven't tried with the 145hp tune).

EGT = I would keep it under 1200 as much as possible. Driving normally, you'll usually see it between 600 and 900. With the pedal to the metal, it'll usually climb to 1300. I've ran mine at over 1600 for 8+ seconds many times, but like I said, I'd only go to 1200 normally.

Don't feel bad when he wins
j/k

1 - 7 of 7 Posts