Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which level is everyone using on a daily basis? I've been using level #4. with the low boost on #3. Seems to be a good combination.

* If this has been asked before, I'm sorry. I did a search and was unable to find anything.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I've been doing a little experimenting. I gained 2-3 MPG running in power setting #5 compaired to setting #0. I have the low boost on level #5.

I think alot of the MPG gain is due to not having to down shift as much and not having to shift out of TC lock due to the higher horsepower.

I'm not sure how much the low boost effects MPG. I'll have to try that next week.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Are you gaining the fuel mileage by doing the calculations at the pump, or watching the DIC? I know that with the Juice on level 4 my DIC says I'm getting way better mileage than stock, but it actually seems to be getting worse mileage (can't keep my foot out of it). When it's stock my DIC seems to be 99% accurate.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've been watching that lately too. My last tank of gas I ran Level 4 with Low Boost on 4. Calculated at the pump I got~15 mpg. Granted I can't keep my foot out of it.....
This tank I'm trying Level 3 and Low Boost on 2. Now, I am running 33's with an uncalibrated speedo, so I know I am off by some percentage. I will be off by the same percentage every time I check, so compared to each other I will know if I'm getting better or worse mileage. I just won't know the exact mileage.

I would think the Low Boost setting makes the biggest difference in mileage. At the higher settings, isn't it just pooring more fuel to the system to accelerate the boost?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Camstyn, I was just guestimating fuel milage useing the computer. I'm going to fill up today and I'll see how many gallons I've used.

I'm going to run my power setting at #5 and my low boost on #1 today and see what happens.

Wyo Dmax, I have the same size tires as you. I think the difference in the stock speedo is 9%. I could be wrong. My stock speedo reads 55mph when the Edge says 60 mph. 55x9%=59.95mph. I'm not sure I'm right but I am at least close.

Jesse

·
Registered
611 Posts
Level #5, low boost level on #4

·
Banned
394 Posts
3 and low boost on 2

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Level #3, low boost full on.

Too easy to punch it up to level #5 when needed.

By keeping it in level #3, I hope to extend the life of the stock tranny by keeping the temptation to punch the pedal through the floor in 4 or 5. Plus my rear tires are starting to complain too much.

·
Diesel Master
1,858 Posts
I had been running mine on level 5 with low boost on level three. I don't like low turbo boost acelleration when set this way. However, i do like the overall smoothness.

Which is better for off the line punch, low fuel boost or overall level?

Do we pay a price in increased EGTs with low fuel boost on five?

Edge says WOT is the same regardless of low fuel boost. is this what you guys have seen?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Looks like most of you run Alli's. I was using mine at level 5 on my ZF. The clutch just cannot handle it. The pedal turns hard as a rock if I accel fast. Anyone know why?

·
Registered
958 Posts
Clutch is slipping, your flywheel is probably toast. How long have you been running it in level 5?

Does it do this on level 4?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
The flywheel was replaced the day before! Does not seem to be a problem without the Edge or w/ Edge as long as I do not accel fast at 6th gear and over 2K rpm. Have not run it on level 4 since I got the truck back from the dealer. I wonder if it is a hydro heating issue that causes the fluid to expand forcing the pedal back?

·
Diesel Master
1,858 Posts
I talked to Edge today. Level 5 on low fuel boost is how the Juice without Attitude is set. Levels 4-1 are delays of when the fueling boost begins. At low fuel boost level 5, fueling enhancement fully begins as soon as you step on the pedal. On level three, there is something like a 30% boost off idle, but you don't get the full boost until about 7.0 PSI from the turbo. On level 1, you don't get full fueling boost ontil 10 PSI on the turbo.

I set mine back to 5/5. I have got as good as 21.9 mpg with the reg Juice on level 4. As long as I drive like an adult, I'll get the same mileage with the Attitude. Edited by: afp1

·
Registered
124 Posts
I run of level 5, with the low boost on 5 every day. Man that thing rocks!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm runing level 2, with low boost on level 5. With almost 40,000 miles i'm afraid of replacing the torque converter, although i'm also looking forward to it.
It's really easy with the attitude to hit the button and be ready to do some hot rodding if needed.
Edited by: goin' pullin'

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm runing level 2, with low boost on level 5.

·
Registered
454 Posts
level 5 almost every day. low boost on 5. i run it pretty hard almost all the time. no probs yet. i can alomost hit 30lbs of boost in 5th gear in level 5 in 10 degree weather. hasnt limped yet.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts