Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the write juice box from Con today what a great guy he actually answers his phone on Sunday and had no problem talking to me about my problems. So I ran through the numbers on the attitude man setting 5 really moves but after doing some 0-60,s I got on the freeway and I was cruising on setting 3 and I heard a really loud knocking sound come from under me it sounded like it was coming from the tranny but I am not sure. It did it one more time later on but I am not sure were its coming from both times I was just cruising on the freeway no stress at all. Iwill be pretty upset if I allready screwed something up the first day I used it. Any suggestions as to what it might have been would be helpful.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
well, when do you hear it? in gear under load? certain speed? I doubt the juice did anything to cause it.. but if you want to be sure, put it on level 0 and try it again. Take a peek under truck and see if anything looks obvious... hard to say for sure.. noises are tough on internet

Eric

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eric

I only heard it twice both times doing about 70 mph on the freeway I know its nearly impossible to do over the internet but I was just wondering if anyone had anything like this happen. Should I pull the juice and take it to my dealer? The only problem is I cant reproduce the problem I just dont want anything to break when I am towing in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oops I did look under the truck nothing obvious maybe the nock came from the motor I hope not I only have 4000 miles on it. One more stupid question I know your time is valueble my oil is very black allready but the little read out on the dash says oil life 73% should I go by that or change every 4000 miles. Sorry for the stupid questions this is my first diesel.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
You could take to the dealer, but if you can reproduce it, your not likely to get anywhere. I would just be aware of it and see what the conditions are when it happens if it does it again, that would make it easier to reproduce if you can detect a pattern to it.

As for the oil, change it. I assume its original.. Good idea to get some fresh in and get the break in crud out. Get a quality oil and run with it. I have run 10k on syn and many other have also. Dino oil I would like to see changed at 5k or so

Eric

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update on noise I heard it agian its coming from up front not under me and again it happened on the freeway cruising at about 70 mph. It was a strange nocking and I could also feel the truck jerk as well somebody suggested maybe the 4WD was trying to engage or something but once again I could not get it to reproduce help?

Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
Shaydog,

Eric is right about the dealer and CND (could not duplicate), can't count the number of times I've had a work order say that. On the other had a few good techs (like Eric if you could get it to him) might just ferret something out. It might have set a code. I'd run it by the dealer for a look see since it is still occuring. You lose only time and may save yourself a bigger delay.

Good luck,
Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts