Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok dumb question. I put my juice box and attitude monitor in tonight and have not had time to put the sensor in. What is the point of that? I thought it was for measuring EGT temps? But the attituide is already reporting some EGT Temp readings. Can someone enlighten the stupid.

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
The attitude will give a very low EGT reading when the sensor is not hooked up. When it is hooked up you will see around 250-300 degrees at idle. Right now your probable seeing around 60 degrees IIRC.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
You will want to monitor EGT's while towing ... When hooking up the probe you will be able to use the back down feature ,,, This will eliminate or allow you to set max sustained EGT's ...

mac

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Also, if you are running the higher levels of tuning from the edge, and pushing the truck hard, you can cause the EGTs to get at a dangerous level. The Edge product will back down the fuel when the EGTs get around 1350.

So, if you are going to tow or are going to hot rod the truck around town on level 5, be aware that you could run hot and damage your pistons.

Running at level 2 around town should be fine, even level 3. If all you are doing is normal driving. Eitherway, I'd put the probe in on the passengers side when you get a chance. It took me about 30 minutes to do mine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Another question: If you remove the juice/attitude will it set any codes? Do you have to do a certain sequence or anything? Thanks.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
do_9999 said:
Another question: If you remove the juice/attitude will it set any codes? Do you have to do a certain sequence or anything? Thanks.
Should not be any problem disconecting from truck while parked and off of course ....

Mac

·
Registered
16 Posts
Okay another one: Say you want to take out just the attitude by simply unpluging it because of hot or cold weather. Does the box default to a certain power without the attitude? Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts