Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 03 GMC wouldn't start this afternoon. I had driven about 15 miles and the engine was up to temp. I left the truck for about 30 min and returned. I tried to start up but to no good. I had to unplug the juice and it started right away. The little engine light stayed on until I arrived home where I shut the truck off then restarted and the light went out. Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome to the club, mine just did that also. Installed it christmas eve and the day after christmas it would not start. I talked to a Matt in tech support at edge and he is sending me another one to try. He did have me unplug the attitude and drive it around and see if that sloved the problem. I called him and said it was fixed so he said he was going to ship out another attitude monitor. I called him back 15 minutes later when the truck would not start with only the juice installed, sometime next week I will know if the new box fixes it.
Good luck with your problem.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO DECIDE ON ONE OF TWO BOXES AND THE EDGE IS ONE OF THOSE. ALMOST HAD MY MINE MADE UP BUT NOW I'M UNSURE. I'M INTERESTED IN BUYING ONE, BUT IT SEEMS THAT EVEYONE IS HAVING TO MANY PROBLEMS. IS THIS HAPPINING WITH NEW BOXES OR HAS THIS PROBLEM BEEN GOING OVER TIME WITH THE OLDER BOXES AS WELL.Edited by: wkbrd2damax

·
Registered
61 Posts
wkbrd2damax

Feces occurs. I've had zero problems with two different Juice modules in my early 2001. Just got back home after towing some 9,000 lbs of 5th wheel from SF to San Diego on level 1, and after climbing the infamous Grapevine Grade IN cruise control AT 65 mph, passing all semi's, all motorhomes, all 5'ers and a few dozen cars, it's taken me two days to wipe the grin off my face.

It did pop out of overdrive on the way up, but that was the only time it did in over 450 miles worth of I-5....

Oh, on the grade EGT's were mostly around 1100 degrees with occasional 1200-1250 degree moments, 30 seconds or less.

·
Registered
429 Posts
wkbrd2dmax I don't think it's fair to say everyone is having problems. I installed my Juice/Attitude last week and so far it works perfect. If you try it, and get a bad one, I'm sure Edge will fix it for you. And I think they have a 60 day money back guarantee, so you could always return it if you decide you don't like it before then.

JoshEdited by: GMCSLEHD

·
Registered
68 Posts
GMCSLEHD,

NOT SAYING THAT EVERONE IS HAVING PROBLEMS, JUST SEEMS THAT THERE ARE ALOT OF PROBLEMS OUT THERE. ITS NOT JUST EDGE THOUGH, EVERYONE HAS PROBLEMS WITH THIER PRODUCT SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LINE. EDGE SEEMS TO BE A GREAT PRODUCT FROM WHAT EVEYONE SAYS ABOUT IT, BUT JUST A LITTLE CONCERNED. ESPECIALY WHEN YOUR TALKING ABOUT THAT MUCH CASH.

SNEAKS,

WHILE ON THE SUBJECT ABOUT DOWN SHIFTING, DOES PUTTING A BOX IN HELP CUT DOWN ON THIS WHILE PULLING LOADS. MY TRUCK SEAMS TO DOWN SHIFT TO MUCH IN CRUISE TRYING TO MAINTAIN SPEED.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
wkbrd2damax,

Just to chime in here. I've had my original "Hot juice" for a year and 20,000 miles without any trouble. I've had my Attitude system since October without any trouble. IMHO any company is capable of having a defective product slip out the door. The real test is in how they deal with the customer service issue when it occurs. From what I have read Edge certainly steps up when the need arises. I would buy with confidence. Enjoy!

As for me, I'm fighting the urge to stack another box along with the Attitude. Who will it be? Decisions, Decisions. Horsepower and Torque are addictive. I must caution you, once you step away from the stock tune there may be no turning back! It's too late for some of us, save yourself! BWAAHAAHAA!

I think its time to take my meds. My doctor says I'm making real progress!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Trippin,

is the hot worth the extra cash. that puts the setup over the grand mark unless i can find anywhere cheaper. just wondering about that extra and if is that muuch over the 125hp inthe regular box.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
wkbrd2damax,

I can't really say. It's really a personal decision for each person based on cost. 125hp or 145 hp. I spent the cash becasue I wanted to go fast. And I hate the regret of not buying the best later on. Some say the trans won't hold the 145 setting. It hasn't proved true in my case. Personally, I think the California trucks are down on power compared to the rest because of the EGR system and the catalytic converter. So my truck hasn't had a problem holding back the "hot juice" or the "hot Attitude". But again, I don't think I'm making the power that non-CA 03 trucks make. I'm hoping to go to the dyno in Jan. and do some back to back testing on both juices. I was doing some 4 wheelin over the weekend and hit my exhaust system on a rock. Looks like it trashed the whole thing, including the catalytic and muffler.
I'm going to price a replacement from GM
because I want to stay emission legal but if it's too expensive I might have to go with a Banks or a Kennedy system, I might even have to change it at the dyno! Get my drift?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I can't say that Juice is causing my SES light to come on, or if its the K&N Filter. But one or the other if not both have been. I reset it and 20-30 mi later its on again. Is this happening to anyone else?

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
I've owned two different Juice boxes, the first was a used regular one and the second is the comp tude. The first one was about a year old when I got it, I ran it four months with no problems and the guy I sold it to after I bought the new one has had no problems. I bought my Juice with attitude and 145 program at the beginning of October and have had no problems.
It's been said time and time again most guys won't out of the blue say "I've got this and it works great!" but you can bet that as soon as there's a problem it's broadcast to the world.

My 2 cents
Ox

·
Registered
61 Posts
wkbrd2damax said:
SNEAKS,

WHILE ON THE SUBJECT ABOUT DOWN SHIFTING, DOES PUTTING A BOX IN HELP CUT DOWN ON THIS WHILE PULLING LOADS. MY TRUCK SEAMS TO DOWN SHIFT TO MUCH IN CRUISE TRYING TO MAINTAIN SPEED.

Sure did for me. It only downshifts on serious grades now

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Used K&N since day one.(OEM replacement).No engine problems from using just the K&N. Used the K&N with the Banks Monster exaust, no problems. It does need to be cleaned a lot more frequently than the one on my 302. There's just to much airflow. I don't believe an air filter would cause an ses light to come on. Not unless the airfilter is plugged. The intake tubing and sensors could be loose or damaged.

·
Registered
540 Posts
easymon4u said:
I can't say that Juice is causing my SES light to come on, or if its the K&N Filter. But one or the other if not both have been. I reset it and 20-30 mi later its on again. Is this happening to anyone else?

That was the problem with the K&N when it came out. Some trucks set codes with it. Supposed to be from the relocation of the MAF sensor.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
easymon4u said:

Being a 2001, I'm sure that the air box update and/or associated programming updates have NOT been executed, and the code is MAF or overboost related in your case.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well guys Con is sending me another right away! Great service!

·
Banned
394 Posts
juice and attitude for 15k miles= couple of stalls pulling across traffic (almost got killed) BUT THATS ABOUT IT...OLDER JUICE BOX BEFORE THIS ATTITUDE AND NEW BOX CUT OUT SOME AND WOULDNT HARDLY RUN ONE TIME...HAD TO UNPLUG AND THEN PLUG BACK IN..WORKED FINE...STILL HAVNT FIGURED OUT THE PROB WITH THE ATTITUDE YET....JUST HOPE IT DONT GET ME KILLED

·
Registered
263 Posts
Kennedy,
Is this an update I can get at my dealer? Thanks in advance.
Edited by: easymon4u

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently installed the Juice in my truck and love it. I have had a few instances where I shut the truck down and go to turn it back on and it will only crank over and not fire. I think I have traced the problem down to one of the wires in the large plug. I have read in the past that the pins will sometimes push out of the connector during installation. Make sure that all of the pins are seated all the way into the connectors and hopefully it will cure the problem.

·
Registered
692 Posts
we install juice all the time and have had 5 or so out of the box not start we have found on the monitior harness is pinched. unscerw the case and you will see i beleave the yellow wire pinched.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts