Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here. This site has been very informative for me on my decision on buying a diesel and what parts to get. First thing I ordered was the Edge Juice/Attitude combo. Was a breeze to install. Saturday, I took my first long trip down to Socal with the truck. I was towing a 6k enclosed trailer. Seemed to be allright when I didn't need to get on it. That changed when I had to pull out on Hwy 12 from Hwy 113 near Rio Vist. Treacherous intersection with an uphill climb. Truck fell flat on its face. I was running on power level 1. I pulled over in Rio Vista and unplugged the juice. The truck then ran like a [email protected] ape. No problems after disconecting. I just bought the truck a week ago as a certified GM used vehicle. It has 18,000 miles. Sorry for rambling and thank you in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Truck fell flat on it's face meaning what exactly. Did the truck set any codes? Unplugging the Juice may not have solved the problem. By cycling the truck's power you could have reset the condition. I'm thinking you got a P1093 code. If you can get the codes scanned it would be helpful.

·
Banned
3,141 Posts
I had a couple of bad E/J modules that had to be changed out. Check your sig, LLY? Check all connections to make sure none of the little pins got bent during installation. Also, make certain it is a LLY module and not a LB7, had that happen once as well. If everything checks out and the truck runs normal otherwise then the module is suspect and should be replaced. Good luck. JJ :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will check the box and see if is for the LB7. No CEL. No codes kicked out at all. And by falling flat on its face, I mean exactly that. No power. Couldn't keep up with my group. I will check the pins also. Thanks!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Fuel filter? did it go into limp? (wouldn't let you go over 2,000 RPM). the truck will come out of limp mode when you turn the truck off and everything resets.

On another note, I also had something similar happen. Mine fell completely flat, the slightest touch of the pedal and it would shut down. I called edge and they sent me a new unit for free.

If the truck runs good up to 2,000 RPM it's filter. If it falls flat right away it is a faulty Edge, they will replace it for free.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts