Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently installed the Juice/Attitude. I normally take my truck to the dealership for oil changes while under warranty. If I bring it in for just an oil change should I remove everything or not worry about it? I would definetly remove the Juice/Attitude if I were going in for a fuel injection problem or trans prob. What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
909 Posts
To be on the safe side, I'd remove it. Each dealership handles these things differently, probably as well as each tech.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Remove it unless you know for certain that the dealer is ok with it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">My service guy told me that he had no problem with the upgrade, but I would still take it out as it is pretty easy. </TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Anybody who leaves a Power Box or Programmer in when going in for service no matter if it is even a malfunctioning window motor is playing with fire ....

Mac

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well I have to disagree.I talked with my dealer who is also my vendor for the Juice and he says no problems with warrenty and don't worry about removal so long as it comes there.There are lots of duramax's with the Juice here and I haven,t heard of anyone getting hassled

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Not to mention that the tech 2 cant diagnose properly with it on......

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
westcoaster said:
Well I have to disagree.I talked with my dealer who is also my vendor for the Juice and he says no problems with warrenty and don't worry about removal so long as it comes there.There are lots of duramax's with the Juice here and I haven,t heard of anyone getting hassled

Well, your lucky in that case .... Most play (Plump) cat and mouse as myself with Edge Box ...

GM dealers are independently owned and operated, some make up their own rules on the way ...If you visited anouther dealer chances are you would be warranty castrated .... If a GM rep was to see your box on your truck chances are he could and would void your warranty ,even at your dealer ... Would the dealer then step in and become your warranter ?? Power boxes aren't "GM" approved ....

Not saying it will happen but food for thought ...

Did the dealer give you anything in writing as to warranty coverage ??

When push comes to shove you'll lose ,

guaranteed

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
I'd have to agree with Mac,
HUH?

I've never heard of the juice causing problems with the TechII. Is the something you heard or something you've seen?

Ox

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
The bowtie dealer here sells and installs Edge stuff. I'm not sure I even want to ask my Service Manager about that considering the interaction I've had with him so far....

Mac's right again...........

Even if YOUR dealer doesn't have a problem with it, if the factory tech rep gets wind of it, you are done.....Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
747 Posts
Mackin said:
problemchild said:
Not to mention that the tech 2 cant diagnose properly with it on......

HUH ??

Mac

I think the installation and programming guide from Edge for the Juice says something to that effect. I think that is there way of saying take it off prior to going to the dealer for service because it will void your warranty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts