Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick thanks to all who answered my questions about installing my juice and attitude. Everything went together great. It took about an hour and no problems. amazed by the pefermance. I made it a whole 15 minutes before I went to level five and ran a 0-60 in 6.2 seconds. never knew a diesel could run like that. I've been running it on level 2 for normal driving. this is how they should run from the factory. I can't say anything about the other power boxes because I haven't use them but I can say that edge has a great product with great safety features built in.

now if I can just figure out how to explain to my wife
why I needed it

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Ive been debating buying something to speed this up.

How fast is she now? Is the edge the best choice?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome to the club burkm....better work on that sig line.

Problemchild....step up to the plate! Hope you like espresso though....the Edge will alter your coffe maker also!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problemchild,

I can't say it's the best but from reading all the post about boxes I decided to go with the edge. Great customer service , with the Attitude box you don't need to buy gauges, you can turn up the power with the push of a button. It also defuels if the EGT's get to high or the trans slips. and fast I 've still got the stock exhaust and according the attitude it ran 0-60 in 6.2 and 1/4 mile in mid 15's at over 90. Its fast enough to walk all over my friends new 6.0 PS.

That just my opinion, read all the post on other power boxes and each one has pros and cons. but ya won't be disapointed with the juice. It depends on what ya want to do. Ask questions these guys on here know more than I do.

·
Registered
118 Posts
hi guys. iam a newbe.

been reading about your trucks and

power adders. i don't understand some of your terminalogy

such as defueling and stacking and egt and some others i

cannot recall. i have an 02 duramax shortbed crewcab 2wd.

the main reason i bought it was because of its kick in the butt

acceleration. its a lot of fun to drive and no other truck has

beat me yet, if i didn't want him to. this thing is just awsome the

way it is, i cannot imagine it being any faster than it already is plus

it gets 24mpg hwy and 18 city. just how fast would this truck be on

the drag strip? from what ive already been reading, sound like you

guys know these trucks pretty well. iam glad to be a part of your

group.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
DB,

Welcome to the group. Bone stock you are looking at high 16's to low 17's in the 1/4 mile. 2WD launches are tough at the track, but low 60' times are achievable with slicks. There is plenty to be learned from reading the board and plenty of smart individuals to help with your questions.

Defuel = What your tranny needs to do in order to shift since it has no sprags or bands. See Allison LCT 1000 for more info.

Stacking = Running two performance modules in tandem to make more power. Pressure and pulse and pulse on pulse are the two methods. See Fuel Injection for more info

EGT = Exhaust Gas Temperature, measured in degrees. Keep an eye on these, too high and you will have a meltdown. See Gauges for more info.

For what it is worth, my truck sounds pretty much like the same rig as yours and I know for a fact that my mileage has never been that good. I have logs for every single tank run, how are you calculating that mileage?

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
As far as I know the only way to calculate milage is to use the trip odometer at fuel up. Reset the trip and completly fill up the tank. Drive however far you want. Completly refill. Divide the miles on the trip by the gallons it takes to completly refill. I wish I could get 18/24 while lead footin it, wussy footin it for that matter. More like 15/20.

·
Registered
118 Posts
thanks bmd. my truck may have diff. gearing. it has 373 posi. i zero my odometer when i fillup and divide the miles traveled by the gallons used when i refill. my best was on a trip with wife and granbabies from memphis to saint louis and back all hwy miles at 65 mph, and it calc. to 23.9mpg. i was not towing or hauling anything, and 65psi in all 4 stock tires. i checked it once when i was towing my race car form memphis to bowlingreen ky. and it only got 18 mpg. i really expected it to do better. iam not complaning, cause i never done that well with any previous gasoline powered truck. i love this thing.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking it was a low number maybe the attitude is a little off. I turned it to level 0 and ran a 0 -60. the attitude said 8.2. don't know if thats exactly right but it will put you back in the seat pretty good all turned up. I ran them at night outside air temp was in the 30's. my truck is a ext cab short bed 4wd and 3.73 gears. drag strip will be back open this spring so I can check how accurate the attitude is. I'm not going to do to many runs like that until I upgrade tha trans a little. plus I'm going to try to keep my foot out of it for at least one tank to see if it hurts my mileage with the attitude on. talk about temptation.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Bertram65 said:
That 0-60 time is amazing, is your truck 2WD or 4WD?

There are many trucks here 2 and 4WD that are turning high 4 second 0 to 60 times.

·
Registered
125 Posts
That's pretty impressive as the 2WD trucks would have traction issues and the 4WD ones have the weight and drag penalty. If the 0-60 is sub 5 the quarters should be in the mid to high 12s, I have read that some have achieved those kind of numbers, I guess I did not realize it was common.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Tomac is already in the 11's Zip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts