Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been having several no starts after the first cold start in the morning. Sent the box back to Edge for an update. I have been running the update for about a week now and I have not had a single no start......could have on tomorrow, but so far so good. Also, the extra engine turnover when starting seems to be gone.
The new version was 4.81. Shipped 2nd Day from NC and recieved the Juice back in 5 days total. Excellent customer service.

I also took everyone's advice this weekend and replaced the stock shocks with Edelbrock ISAs (Got a killer deal that made the decision between them and Blistens for me). Only 1 stocker had any rebound at all. One front and one rear still have not rebounded and I replaced them on Friday. The ride is 100% better.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just mounted the Billsteins with similar results. Doesn't ride like a caddy, but who would want it too? What I noticed immediately is that on most sharp bumps of some magnitude (like speed bumps at 25 or so), there is only the 1 "event" and it's pretty controlled. Previously, on the same speed bumps my truck would experience a sort of shudder that was very unpleasant. And it's noticeably more stable on most every road I've been on since the swap. As others have said, this is a "mod" that should not be put off...

On the no start. That's very encouraging. Seems the update helps to greater or lesser degrees depending on the truck.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have had simaler problems sometimes mine wont start but all I have to do is prime it and it fires right up weird. I even took the juice off for a month to see if it was the problem and did not have any problems. My truck has stalled twice when I was ideling through a parking lot I blame all this on Edge but the power I get from that box makes up for it all maybe I will get Edge to send me a new box that would be my 3rd one.

Shaydog

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
The Edge is like a drug. Once you try you always want the feeling you get from it. But you know the drug is killing you.
Not that we know that this little black box is killing us, but it is doing something to our truck. I read that the no start threw a code, it had something to do with fuel pressure.

This is what concerns me.....our fuel system already has problems without the help of a Juice box.

The shocks are great...at first I did not like the ride that is because I took the OEMs off at 400m, really not enough time to know what I was missing. Now I love them.!

Enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the 4.73 and it works great, what did they do on the 4.81? Is it for hard starting only or did they do something to the tunes also...

·
Registered
203 Posts
I asked them that, and the answer was that the only diff was the changes for the "no start".

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Edge is very aware of the No start issue and is working diligently on a fix ... They will not lay back and let this just be a glitch ..Trust me if I know Edge Products as I feel I do they feel bad for each one of you guys that have this inconsistent problem ...

Give them some time they will make it right and fix the problem ....

Edge is on top of this, today, tomorrow, until the resolve is there ...

Mac

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
NoWake200 said:
The Edge is like a drug. Once you try you always want the feeling you get from it. But you know the drug is killing you.
Not that we know that this little black box is killing us, but it is doing something to our truck. I read that the no start threw a code, it had something to do with fuel pressure.

This is what concerns me.....our fuel system already has problems without the help of a Juice box.

The shocks are great...at first I did not like the ride that is because I took the OEMs off at 400m, really not enough time to know what I was missing. Now I love them.!

Enjoy the new ride.

Thats the problem ! The delay in the fuel system pressure up time. After checking it a few times. It repeated itself each time. Hotter fuel due to warmer weather and a hot engine also causes it to act up more. Probably due to loosing the hydraulic efficiency from vapors. Pressure the fuel up at the start and the engine will crank immediately every single time. It appears to be seeking the fuel pressure information quicker than it's there. Turning the key off for a minute or so would reset the ECM so another attempt can be made. By this time the the pressure requirement is usually satisfied then the engine starts......

TommyEdited by: a bear

·
Registered
203 Posts
tewitt1949 said:
What about the poor guys that have a bad box that has the starting problem? Will edge replace with an up grade?
Terry
I believe Mac is right. Edge will take care of this eventually, but it’s hard to wait with the frustrating no starts getting more and more common (for me). Apparently I was one of the very first to hit this (oh lucky me... SOL as usual). Which is probably because I bought mine just as <st1:City><st1:place>Phoenix</st1:place></st1:City> was experiencing an early (near record) heat wave back in February (90s :eek:). They thought at first it was just a bad box. They immediately sent me a replacement with no hesitation. Like I’ve said before, the “no start” is wearing very thin, but I can not fault the customer service from Edge…

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, now that temps are back up, the no start is back. I spoke with Aaron at length. He took a great deal of info to pass along to the engineers. Said they hope the fix will be out in a very short time. I am doing some trouble shooting and sending them my results. I am trying the same level without the additude connected and so far everything starts fine. (I don't even wait to turn the key when the truck is warm, just get in and start.) I will try this for a few more days, then I am supposed to plug the additude back in and run it at the same level that I manually set the Juice to and see what happens. Then I can email them my results. Edge said they seem to have the problem more when the additude is connected, and rarely when it is not.

Edge customer service is great, and I have no problem working with them to resolve.

·
Registered
994 Posts
RSDay75,

Your report sounds encouraging. I have always been suspicious of the Attitude monitor. No-starts were infrequently reported with just the Juice (pre-attitude days). Most of those no-starts were traced to pushed pins in the two large connectors. When 25% of the Edge Juice users are now reporting no-starts, something has changed (and coincidentally, the Attitude appears on the market).

My Juice/Attitude is in the roll-away tool chest awaiting the outcome.

Thanks for the report,

Alan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts