Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mark From Van Aaken Developments flew in on the 8th to conduct testing on the 04 Cummins 600 on our New Superflow SF840 Twin eddy current Load chassis dyno.

Go to www.superflow.com and download the viewer, real cool tool.

There are the 3 files #3 is stock, #17 is level 1 and #19 is level 2

Email me and I will send them to you, I tried to upload them but they are the wrong type of files.

So I uploaded the jpg. of the overlay graph.

Real nice gain right where you need it, and very smooth.

Any Questions email me [email protected]

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ted,

Where you able to test the C3 on the '03-04 HO Cummins (555)?

Thanks

MikeyB

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Dyno session was set up for Just the 04 HO so no we did not test the Van Aaken C3 on a 555 HO.

We have sold many to Customers with this engine and all are very impressed with it's performance and fuel economy.

Keep in mind our Dyno Is just opened 6 weeks now.

Stay tuned for more Dyno Results.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Is this the 600? If so why are the numbers so low, I guess I don't know what I'm looking at. A chipped Duramax makes 320 hp plus, I thought the Cummins was more powerful?

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
The Dmax is much easier to raise power on with just a box. The Cummins Gen III is new and they haven't come up with the show stopper boxes yet. Because they have the new design HPCR injection system It won't be too long.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Its gonna be a long while, just ask tst about there "truck stopper" pwrmaxcr.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
I heard a TST box took out a Turbo also on a bark no less .... Never did find out how much boost was built prior to lifting ...

Mac

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Yea right

Wasn't that long ago when they were saying the Dmax wouldn't make 300 RWHP.

I never was into the heavy high HP stuff as it was. Even with my Dmax. I do like to follow it and maybe dabble a little.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The tst has claimed to date, that I know of......stock turbos(no surprise here) hx 40, ksb1 and a set of twins. As far as a reliable high hp box quadzilla has the closest thing out there with the 140 hp unit. The edge juice for the cummins, from what I have heard, has been a disaster in testing. Maybe closer now....... but they have been pushing it back for going on close to 2 yrs. The cummins common rail is a tough thing to figure out I guess.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
So what's so different that all of a sudden turbos are blowing. Why the heat problem?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
If thats hp on the left hand y axis then thats not to good and the tq numbers are below average as well, the edge ez has substantially better numbers than this and you can get one for about 450 bucks right now.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HP is on the left and read in BLUE, Torque is on the right and is read in RED.

The Van Aaken sells for 399.00, does not pop open the pressure releif valve and controls EGT very well, we never exceeded 1200 degrees with a loaded test.

Gains are right where you need them most, peak numbers are not very usable, gains are 69 hp and 198 torque in the fatest part of the power curve.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Sounds like a safe box, positively speaking.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Yeah thats about what the tow pro is, slightly better tq #'s. I thought that it only gotcha 40 hp, to get to 300 hp. So your getting about 320-330 @ the wheels. Stock 03's are in the 255-260 range, the 600 is right in around 270 on the dyno jet. So does this work on the 600? People sure would like to know how bout it hoot?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dpower, (Quote) So does this work on the 600? People sure would like to know how bout it hoot?

Did you read the heading on this post?

JRE TESTED VA C3 ON 600 CUMMINS

1 - 17 of 17 Posts