Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone raced a Joe Gibbs Edition Silverado? How do they run? I had one screwing with me today and I was in traffic and had a bed full or rims and tires. I'll find this clown if it's a good chance to lay the smack down on his truck. I live in a small town and I can find him if needed. I just don't want to bark up the wrong tree though. My mods are in my signature. Anybody lined up with one? And what are my chances?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Depends on what joe gibbs trucks they are. Some just get a short throw shifter with a white shift knob, intake exhaust, rims and stickers in a 4.8L which you should stomp on him. If its supercharged then it depends but boosted launch should send you to victory lane

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't hear any whine but with his loud exhaust, I couldn't even hear my truck. What sort of times do the s/c models run?

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I raced one gave him his race 2 wd to 2 wd spun hard and let out got back in and he got me by half a truck with old tuner and no bottle

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So they are a mid 13 second truck? I better leave well enough alone! Mine is no where near a mid 13 second truck (damn it!). Maybe one day I will get the programming figured out. I hope the updated box Dan is sending me does better then the other 2. Even with the stock 245s I couldn't break loose past 20 mph. With 500hp on the PPE Hot+2 it should roast the stock tires. Help me!! Somebody help me!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Well I can tell you if it's not DIESEL it can't win. A Man's truck has no spark plugs:D .

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like the Joe Gibbs truck is fairly quick. I know ripmf666 has a good running truck and even when he had his Bully Dog, it did well, like mid 13 seconds. That's not bad at all for a daily driver. And the Joe Gibbs giving him a run for his money, I'm staying away!

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
The guy asked to race and he watched me leave a lighing seating with a boosted 4wd lauch, he asked for a 2 wd race and my dumb *** gave it to him, should of just used 4wd anyways or juiced him to pass him lol

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Might as well give it a go....but in 4x4....worse case you loose to a truck someone paid to much money for anyway...

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
we sold one on our lot, it has no lag to it but after a short jolt it fell off.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone know what sort of 1/4 mile times are normal for the Joe Gibbs truck? I'm going to try and get to the track this weekend and it would give me an idea, if I stand a chance after I see my times.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did the dyno instead of the track due to lack of time on Saturday. Hope mr Gibbs has got something going on. Dyno was at 528. I'm gonna hunt him like a dog. This time I want have a bed full of rims and tires. I'll keep you posted!

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Avis,
Good Hunting, Kill them all and Let the tow trucks sort them out!!:driver: :snipersmi

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
If he does win tell him you want a race towing a trailer with 10k behind him, you will definitly spank him then. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Go get him! You never know what mods he has anyway. If its a 5.3 Magnacharged truck it should be a 13 sec. truck, But i saw one on trucks that was 2 wheel drive and it ran a 13.99 cuz of traction problems. Go do a 4X4 launch on his *** and show him what torque is!! Afterwards you guys can BS about each others rides. If you get beat at least it was by a Chevrolet!:)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm still looking for him. It will come. It didn't have the s/c motor or if it did, it was super quite no whine at all. I think he screwed with me because I had a bed full of junk. His day will come.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Go get him, "you can do it"

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
My neighbor who owns a 04 GMC 2500 DMax stock, just bought a 04 Mustang 40th Annaversary because it was a good deal, anyway, he has never heard about programming a Dmax, so I showed him what just a little program will do, I have him talked into at least a predator for now, I was hanging VERY close to the Mustang, he said he could not pull away from me, now I do not know how hard he was trying, but it it impressed him enough to try out a predator at the least on his truck, at least he has the money to get carried away, and I can live the go fast Dmax through him until I can afford more, Now that I have him hooked!

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have a relative with a Joe Gibbs RCSB 4.8 non supercharged 5 speed. It is mostly an appreance package. It has a Corsa cat-back and better brakes. I would think you should beat him.

·
Registered
547 Posts
i beat a supercharged joe gibbs, when i was runnin my hypertech banks stack. they are no joke. but they cant hang with a duramax. We bot hhad traction issues, but it was a good race and i had him by about 2 lengths. And mustang gt's were just somthin to toy around with, lol. EFi live destroyes anything, well not when all you have is 3rd gear, lol but you get the idea.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.