Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the local Chevy dealer today speaking with the General Manager and he showed me their latest offering. It is a Joe Gibbs Racing 1500. It is a black 1500 swb reg cab, custom dark gray leather interior, 390 RWHP supercharged engine (he didn't know if it was a 6.0 or 5.3), auto trans, and 20" wheels and tires. Going rate 41K and change. Look out Silverado SS. Comes with a 5 year/75000mi warranty. Very cool.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is this a limited thing or will chevrolet put it into production. It it is not just look out SS but look out Lightning.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GM isn't producing them. It is similar to the Camaro SS and SLP. A guy buys the car, or truck in this case, and it is shipped to the aftermarket vendor for the modificaions. It has GM's blessing and the dealers have to vie for the franchise. I should have mentioned that the 75000 mi warranty is from the dealer not GM. Kinda hard to get GM to stand behind your warranty when there is a blower on the motor. I suppose GM would have to prove that the blower caused the problem...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts