Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Final mock-up pics, Brackets modified, heat exchanger and intercooler pump relocated, bumper relocated and firmly in place, everything clearanced and fitting well :ro)

·
Registered
808 Posts
I like it nice job on the install. You won't see that on every truck.

·
Registered
113 Posts
What cooler is that? It looks good, what does it do?

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
I think its an intercooler...he put a Radix turbo on his 6.0 gasser.

Where did you get that bumper? How hard was it to get it to fit? And if I may ask, how much did it cost? Looks great!!!!!

---ben

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think its an intercooler...he put a Radix turbo on his 6.0 gasser.

Where did you get that bumper? How hard was it to get it to fit? And if I may ask, how much did it cost? Looks great!!!!!

---ben
Bumper was free, secondhand, needs some TLC. Yes I have the Radix Supercharger, wasn't hard at all, just had to relocate the bumper brackets, trim off a little metal, drill four holes, whalla!, call it done:ro)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here's some detail shots:

Update:

Finished the brackets, I'm using stacks of washers for now, need to get some aluminum spacers machined up at the correct measurements. Bracket relocation is rock solid, I can shake the entire truck quite well from one bracket alone, front to back strength seems good as well. enjoy:)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Very Nice...looks great!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
Does anyone know where we could get one of these bumpers??

--ben

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
ouch....looks like I wont be doing that mod...~800 dollars with shipping!! Maybe I can get lucky and find one for cheap...

---Ben

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, here's a progress pic, waiting on more cans of stripper:(
I gotta tell ya though, this bumper stripper really leaves the plastic pristine, which is going to really cut down prep time once finished.
However, this is truly a labor of love and man-hour intensive, as some probably know. Anyway, here she is:

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Not bad. Nice DOD enlisted sticker. I hate those. I wish they could be in a less visible place. Some want them right smack on top of the windshield. I think they look horrible. It is a nice bumper though......

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Well, here's a progress pic, waiting on more cans of stripper:(
I gotta tell ya though, this bumper stripper really leaves the plastic pristine, which is going to really cut down prep time once finished.
However, this is truly a labor of love and man-hour intensive, as some probably know. Anyway, here she is:

What kind of Stripper are you using?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 31 Posts