Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my fuel tests back from George Morrison for the Kennedy Mega kit I Installed. The results are impressive.

This might be a bit easier to read:

The Kennedy kit does a fantastic job and the service from George / AVLube is top notch.

No worries about the sorry state of US diesel fuel here!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still a bit tough to read. Here are the numbers:

The results are:

>2, >5, >15, >25, >50, >100 microns

Sample Labeled PUMP FILL

1046.7, 208.3, 18.1, 4.1, 0.4, 0.0

ISO code: 17/15/11

Sample labeled FILTERED SAMPLE

72.8, 18.7, 2.5, 0.7, 0.0, 0.0

ISO code: 13/11/8

·
Registered
994 Posts
Results look good! Need to add them to our fuel analysis spread sheet. Your injectors should have a long life (minimal erosion due to low particle count).

I am still trying to understand the other conditions under which the injectors fail in our vehicles. We have "heard" stories about cracked injector bodies and gummed-up solenoids. Little bits and pieces here and there. I wish the people "in the know" would put together and post what information they have

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Great report BM. That should make you feel better.

Alan, would you post the link for the fuel reports on this forum? Thanks. Later! Frank

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Thanks Alan. I just wanted to see if they get any better than ours. Later! Frank

·
Registered
994 Posts
I think all the results are exceptional, independent of filter type. It is difficult to compare the absolute numbers. There are a number of variables that must be accounted for (condition of fuel in tank and sampling techniques come to mind). Different for every case.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is tough to get a clean sample for sure. I had to do it several times before I felt I had it right. I built a fuel sample hose that connects to the fuel pressure testing port. I used a ball valve and clear plastic tubing.

After connecting my sampling hose I pressurized the system with my lift pump. Then I could flow fuel using the ball valve at my discretion. I used my sampling hose to wash out the sample bottles with steady stream of fuel along with the fill, shake and dump technique.

The setup worked pretty well and only cost a few bucks to assemble.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
most importantly, does the clean fuel make the truck faster?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bet it won't make it slower! I have not run at the track yet with the new fuel system but it sure feels stong on the street!

I know that I was skeptical when I heard about how much better the trucks seem to run with extra filtration but mine sure is purring like a kitten!

·
Registered
994 Posts
The lift pump sure beats priming by hand to flow a couple of gallons to get the sample. The hose connected to the test port is an excellent place to collect the sample, this method has consistently yielded good results by everyone.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bill,

Thanks for the excellent record keeping.

·
Registered
663 Posts
BMDMAX said:
Bill,

Thanks for the excellent record keeping.

Your welcome.. It's my pleasure

Thanks also go to Alan (OC_Dmax) who originally conceived the idea and put the spreadsheet together.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts