Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been unsuccessful at finding a stainless 5inch exhaust for my truck, so i have decided maybe having kennedy 4-5 exhaust compleyely jet-hot coated, for protection, look, and reduced exhaust temp. My question is has anyone ever done this?

Thanks -Ltrain

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
I've done manifolds, and still do crossover pipes for the 6.5, but like anything (powder coating etc) it's the prep work and cleanliness that count.

It's not going to reduce exhaust temps insid the pipe though, only what is transferred through the pipe. My tailpipe and the majority of my system (changed out muffler and offset for developmental purposes has been on for 3 winters now (2 for tailpipe 3 for lead <down> pipe) and is holding up just fine.

Just for curiosity, is the pipe in front of your muffler aluminized,or 409ss on the OE system?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have not really looked at them too closely, but the entire exhaust is the same color and same luster....if that helps. I am guessing it is all aluminized. The reason i really want to jet-hot is so the tailpipe will have some shine.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I use Jet-Hot on my four wheeler exhausts. I love the stuff.

·
Banned
449 Posts
yeah ceramic coating is pretty bad ass. We have airborn coatings do all of our racecar exhaust systems and the stuff really holds up, especially on the dirt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.