Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I got this recipe out of my Mickey Mouse Cookbook my kids gave me.
It's a HUGE hit with everyone.

When we go desert riding I make up a batch in the RV, and also when we boat to rural places we serve it to the Park Rangers and Harbor patrol and boat LEO's.
They just don't get this stuff in the isolated areas of the Channel islands where they work.

I use Calrose rice. It's different, full of flavor and holds up, and everyone can taste it and gripes if I don't use it.
Cajun Sausage or Kilbasa or similar sliced and halved then browned with Emerils Essence, sold at most chain supermarkets, or a similar cheap-o house brand seasoning is good too.

Chopped onion, chopped green onion, slice and chopped and grilled red pepper , Lawrys seasoned pepper, 1/4 cup finely chopped pepperoni, 1 medium can of Hunt's tomatoe sauce, tblspoon kosher salt, Table spoon or to taste Emerals essence or any Cajun seasoning, two cups chopped chicken browned in seasoning, 2 cups shrimp browned in seasoning, 2 cans chicken stock.

Throw it all in the pan and heat up, cook for 12 more minutes after it reaches a low sizzle.

Then ya take 5 boxes of that cheap-o Jiffy cornbread mix,, then use the boxes to measure 3 equiv of yellow cake mix, eggs, oil, butter, milk, honey - per the jiffy box instructions,, bake in cupcake pans and the results are amazing.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Keep the recipes coming! You have some good ones, I did the potato one you posted the other night, it was awesome.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
I'm hungry now :rolleyes:

·
Registered
703 Posts
I know what the wife will be cooking this week. :)

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
That's some down right good stuff right there!

Let me add something to those corn bread muffins:

One jar of Randall's Mixed Beans

Half Cup of chopped onion

One, or Two smoked picnic shoulder/butts-- depending on size of crock pot.

Instructions- mix all in crock pot, for at least 4-6 hours, longer is better. Put a damn lock on it!

The smell alone will attract them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts