Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to put an exhaust brake on the LLY Duramax? If so, will it cause any problems? Can anyone make a recommendation on what and where to buy? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
You cannot get a Jake for Duramax (atleast the last time I checked)...they state their product will float the valves. PacBrake or Banks are your only solution for an external brake. Brayden (a vendor here) has a product you may be interested in. PM him.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Got an LLY? You nee the TurboBrake! "Search" it:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been told that an exhaust brake is an option on the 4500 and 5500 with the duramax 6.6. Same engine right?

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
x2 pac brakes

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
It all depends on whether you want to cut your exhaust up and add an air compressor and 3 hours of install time.

Or just plug and play.

Brayden

·
Registered
894 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
None.. It makes about 15 psi of boost when in operation and since there are no injection events at zero throttle the EGT's cool off.

There are saftey features that keep it from producing too much backpressure and or overspeeding the turbocharger.

Brayden

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have the BD Diesel exhaust brake, had it for awile, works good. I dont think banks makes a brake for the LLY. At least they didn't when I bought mine. I was told by a mechanic that works for my friend's contruction company that the exhaust brakes don't do any harm to diesel engines.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Anybody have any sound clips or videos, I looked on You Tube and found squat. Either the exhaust brake, or new and improved turbo brake. ;)

·
Registered
335 Posts
For the price and ease of installation the TurboBrake is the way to go. I have one and would recommend it to anyone who tows often. Brayden makes a great product.

·
Diesel Master, Formerly goth2o
5,510 Posts
For the price and ease of installation the TurboBrake is the way to go. I have one and would recommend it to anyone who tows often. Brayden makes a great product.

I still have yet to see the price?!?!?!? I followed the thread on it for a while and finally gave up.

·
Registered
894 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.