Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I traded in for the 2006 Duramax. Back to the *%&#^*&!! monthly payments...

To all those 6.5 owners out there who have kept them alive and well, I just wanted to say thanks. I learned more about my (former) 6.5 from you folks than any mechanic or book could ever expect to teach. You all helped keep mine on the road for longer than I could have on my own.

I have to admit - the folks who populate this forum are more interesting to read through than the some of the kids on the Duramax forums - I'll check back in here from time to time.

I have the factory manuals in hand for the '94's should anyone be interested for some light reading :)

Well, thanks again, god bless, and be safe - If you're in the neighborhood, come on down and we'll tip a couple beers...Jim (Austin, TEXAS)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry about the double threads (dumb-thumbs...)

·
Registered
151 Posts
D n P: I might be interested in the manuals. Let me know the asking price

·
Registered
158 Posts
next in line if thumbs doesnt get them.

jamminGMC:D

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Make some copies......DnP.. i plan on keeping mscostalota for awhile longer...:rolleyes: since shes cost me so much i cant afford to trade er in......:D

·
Registered
935 Posts
Ditto on the copies. I sure can use some book learning with my 94.
Ted

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
DnP you are always welcome to stop in for a visit even though you have crossed over to the dark er I mean DMAX side :rolleyes: at least you didn't trade it for a Ferd :eek: like someone recently did, but at least it went to a good home and CountryGuy is now one of us 6.5 diehards. or was that hard heads ):h

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How about I just send them out to you TD? I've seen you and a few others carry the rest of us during out darker moments with 6.5's... You want them, gimme an address. I'll try to send them out by next Friday.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What the heck Goldburg?!? You were one of the gurus around here. Why'd you move on? Oh wait... so did I... Shouldn't have though...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I have been biteing my lip so far. But I cant help it anymore.:D

Goldsburg...I thought you were lookin at a CTD? I am assuming you got a killer deal on the PS? But as long as TD and everyone's giving you a hard time....here you go.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58298

LOL! But hey, I cant talk....I have a CTD too. For those LONG pulls you need something with longer legs.......But a PS?:eek: Man....you really must have got a great deal. :lol:

Fermanator...sorry for giving you away too. :lol:

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Now you guys are makin' me sad! Leaving, trading vehicles, etc. What's the 'place coming too? I didn't even want to admit to selling all four of my 5.7D cars this year, as well as my '64 Dart! But, I still got lots-o-parts!!!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Now you guys are makin' me sad! Leaving, trading vehicles, etc. What's the 'place coming too? I didn't even want to admit to selling all four of my 5.7D cars this year, as well as my '64 Dart! But, I still got lots-o-parts!!!

Ahhh..Now there's a classic right there. A 5.7 diesel Cadillac. Man, that brings back memories..........

I have a GM Goodwrench 350 diesel sitting outside my shop. I would have to say, I enjoy looking at it...reminds me of my heritage. :D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gotta keep the economy going brother... All these diluted red-blooded Americans "tradin up" to foreign vehicles. I can't really dog those folks too bad, since my engine is Isuzu now... Don't even know if there is still an "all-American" vehicle out there any more...

·
Registered
5,861 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Nuttin' wrong with a 7.3PS imo!!:)

·
Registered
5,861 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I have been biteing my lip so far. But I cant help it anymore.:D

Goldsburg...I thought you were lookin at a CTD? I am assuming you got a killer deal on the PS? But as long as TD and everyone's giving you a hard time....here you go.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58298

LOL! But hey, I cant talk....I have a CTD too. For those LONG pulls you need something with longer legs.......But a PS?:eek: Man....you really must have got a great deal. :lol:

Fermanator...sorry for giving you away too. :lol:
Yep! I was looking at an '03 CTD, but for $6000 less I got a TRUE Crew Cab long bed (with leather!) and only 7000 more miles with the '01 PSD. I thought that I got a great deal! Yes, the PSD isn't the same as the CTD (in more ways than one!) but thankfully I am addicted to mods:rolleyes: ... The PSD can really use 'em...:D

I will continue to troll, er um, I mean lurk here to see if I can be of any use in answering questions. I also would like to keep an eye on what's happenin' in the 6.5TD world...

Regards,

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TRUE TRUE!!! For that matter, how about the sexiest diesel ever built: The M88-A1!!! The vehicle of choice for all your abrams recovery needs and desires (paired up with and R-7, the most unstoppable recovery crew ever assembled).

And another bonus of the abrams: an allison transmission as well!:ro)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts