Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the Juice w Attitude installed and have just taken a short ride..WOW.
But I need to look to the gurus out there for what to expect. The thing goes like he## from a roll especially on 5. Being an old gasser guy, the truck does'nt launch like I thought it would, you know know, long black marks... I know it's a dually, but.....Probably tracable to a loose nut behind the wheel!! Also it falls on its face between shift even though I have the attitude set to de-fuel only between 4-5. Ideas on best set up ( Hoot , Mackin ) not to be he** bent on destruction? Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
give the tranny some time then power brake to 1500 rpm and hang on.......there is risk and it is addictive

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
" Another one bites the dust (Allison), " Another one bites the dust"

Welcome to my world
. J/K
Gunnrunner, do the trans soon, your Allison will love you for it.

mike

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Mike, you are never going to run out of customers.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Gunnrunner said:
Finally got the Juice w Attitude installed and have just taken a short ride..WOW.
But I need to look to the gurus out there for what to expect. The thing goes like he## from a roll especially on 5. Being an old gasser guy, the truck does'nt launch like I thought it would, you know know, long black marks... I know it's a dually, but.....Probably tracable to a loose nut behind the wheel!! Also it falls on its face between shift even though I have the attitude set to de-fuel only between 4-5. Ideas on best set up ( Hoot , Mackin ) not to be he** bent on destruction? Thank you all in advance.

It is going to defuel no matter what you do with the juice settings. The trans is screaming out to the PCM....HEY WTF?...and then the PCM cuts back fuel for the shift. Mine did the same. After the trans upgrade...all signs of defueling are gone...nothing left but a pair of black stripes on the pavement for about 30 yards. Do the tranny!Do the tranny!Do the tranny!Do the tranny!Do the tranny!Do the tranny!Do the tranny!Do the tranny!Do the tranny!Do the tranny!

Did I mention that the truck is much faster after doing the tranny?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Wholly crap and to think us cowboys drove our trucks hard for nearly three years juiced with a stock Allison ....

Mac Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
For the "average" once the Allison acclimates it self with the safer levels of power the detuning is nothing ....Detuning shift apply is to your tranny advantage .... Gives you that Rower feeling ....Not everyone is going to the track or pulls ....I wouldn't detune all shifts unless I was preparing to upgrade my tranny asap ...

Anything 90 and under is considered safe unless you drive continuously with your foot to the floor board ...Doing this in stock trim can also cause damage .... Keep the higher levels of performance uses in Tow Haul mode ...

Drive around at different throttle positions from start to stop thru up and down shifts ,Tow Haul too ... Shift quality will improve ...

Enjoy !!!

Mac Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Trippin said:
Your stock Allison was way better than mine. Or my Juice is way better than yours.

I'm thinking the first one eh?

NO ONE HAS ANYTHING BIGGER OR BETTER THAN MAC

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
except dipper

·
Registered
206 Posts
Gunnrunner

I have the same truck and just stacked a couple products, what a blast to drive, took a couple days before all the components really seemed to come together. Now the dually lays down 30-40 ft of rubber with a hard launch every time. You will likey see the same over the next few days.

Yes, the tranny is next on the parst list.

MB

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys for all your help.......Please send all donations to 114.....!!! Can any of you guys still make house payments?

This stuff is like diesel "crack" I'm trying to be strong!!!

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Yes! and it is because of direct deposit and the wife having the check book

·
Registered
648 Posts
hdmax

My wife does the books too. Makes Christmas shopping for her a little difficult, but it's worth it to know that she does a HECK of a better job at bookkeeping than I ever did. (Plus I don't have to worry with either the hassle of bills OR that she'll mismanage our finances. She's a PhD who's very freugle.)

FYI, I've got a PhD too, but mine stands for "Post Hole Digger".

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I have stayed married for 15 years now, and as long as she controls everything (Yes, that includes me
) our marrage is safe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts