Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi evryone

I am first time user to this forum but a long time Diesel owner. Got a problem my truck had to sit for a long time (6 Months) and when it started it (it barely did) it smoked like heck well that problem worked it self out but now another problem has risen its ugly head. I will be driving along and start to come to a stop and the engine will die but it will start right up and run fine. It will go 2 or 3 days and never do it then just one day it will do it. I am glad it has only done it when I been going real slow but don't want it to start doing while I going done the road so I need some HELP

Thankls

Rick

·
Registered
540 Posts
How's the fuel system??? Filter, pump??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only thing that isn't to old is the Fuel Pump, the Inj. pump is about 4 years old and has a about 50.000 mile on it and the the fuel filter has a about 15000 mile on it. It would seem to me that if it was the fuel system it would not start up immediately and rum great. It start right up and doesn't smoke when it start. I am thinking about bypassing the original electrical system to the fuel cutoff and installing a switch and seeing if that fixes it. What do you think?\

Rick

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm a beleiver in starting with the simple and cheap.

Doesn't matter what makes sense sometimes. I'd change the fuel filter first. 15k is a lot of miles for a diesel filter if you picked up some bad fuel.

Simple and cheap to change it first before you start chasing other things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts