Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all-
I finally got the Rover started last night! I'm so happy - I had never heard this motor run before, but from what I could see with the valve covers and oil pan off, the thing looks like it was just rebuilt. I hooked up an electric fuel pump to help prime the (completely dry) fuel system, and it fired up after recharging my batteries once - probably 15 or 20 10-second cranks. it sounds awesome! the only oddity is a hissing noise that came out of the intake once when I first started it and once when I was revving it up later -- sounds kind of like a straight-piped powerstroke when its really cold out, but not that loud. Once I get my intake built, will see if it hangs around - Any one ever heard that before? Lets see if these pics work--

Attachments

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Glad to hear you got it running! :cool: Looks like a very nicely done install. :)

You can get unusual noises from the intake if you don't have the air cleaner installed. Just don't get anything near there while it is running... :eek: I think you will find that when you install the intake system you will find that the noise will go away. :)

Once again, congratulations on getting it to the point where it runs! :) Now you've got to take it for a test drive, right? :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Test drive.... hahaha.
No, it is getting close - I have to bleed the clutch, make/install a tie rod, patch the hole the the passenger floorboard that had to accomodate the exhaust, build the intake, finish the exhaust, reinstall the hood, finish up some wiring, make a rear driveshaft, put fluid in the t-case/ tranny, get/install a new rear yoke, finish the rear suspension, enclose the back half of the "cab" (its a 4-door pickup now), and mount front shocks... Then I get to drive it... I guess "close" is a tough word to define - ha.

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Well, what are you waiting for? You could have that done in an hour... ):h

Just kidding... :)

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
fsr7;1571325; said:
Hey all-
I finally got the Rover started last night! --
I see Ford Motor Co. is doing the converse. They are putting the Range Rover turbo-diesel into light pickup trucks like the F150. It's 4 banger with over 350 lb. ft. of torque.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts