Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Built on time, shipped to the dealer 1 month and 5 days after it was built. Why can't GM get their shipping house in order? I understand delays, but why do they keep the dealership in the dark for the most part. My dealer with 15+ years experience learned new contacts during my trials and tribulations to get my truck. I don't mind the delay, what pisses me off is the "oh, it was loaded and will be in next week" and 3 weeks later, I get the truck. Good luck to all that have a truck on order. Don't get me wrong, I love the GM product (over the other two). One thing I will say is once it is in, oooohhh, duuuramaxxxx! (as Homer would say).

·
Registered
274 Posts
I only have one thing to say about this.....

Howard.
He has hooked allot of us up.

Welcome, and Enjoy your new Beast!!!

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Master where do u live would be a help.

If u live on one of the train or high truck delivery routes, they come in faster.

My last 2 ordered trucks where '30 day wonders' 30 days from order to delivery (one GMC and one Chevy).

Now we'll see how the GMC I got on order does.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
After a month of ownership I have to say I am really pleased with mine. I got rid of my 03 ctd and I have to say that the dmax is a better truck in a lot of ways. In my opinion, as far as the new breed of common rail trucks is concerned, Duramax is definitely #1 in my book far and away!! Enjoy the truck, the wait was well worth it!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Close to finishing the 500 mile break in tonight and decided to push it a bit. On a rolling start, I pushed the pedal around 3/4 and she hit 60 in about 3 seconds (so it seemed). IT IS TRULY AMAZING. When you hit 1600 rpm the turbo/Allison combo is almost seamless accelleration!! I LOVE IT!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Fun, how bout it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts