Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have air or any other issues/problems with a secondary filter mounted in the additional alternator location?? If so, what issue & what setup??

·
Registered
168 Posts
No problems here.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
First few months the CAT setup behind the headlight under the air box. Air problems in a matter of a week or so and every few days after. Move the same unit, shortened the hoses, used the same clamps up to the AC bracket last November and no Air since. Thats the place for this Dmax owner!

·
Registered
429 Posts
None so far in 3500 miles. (knock on wood)

Josh

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Personally, Cat engine mount, around every 2-3 weeks I get enough air to cause a stumble. If i don't bleed in the next few days I will get a start, stumble, stall.

I just ordered the Permacool head. I'm thinking the flatter design(much like the Racor's) may give it less room to collect an air pocket.

Don't know if it'll make a difference or not, some trucks just seem to be a little more picky then others. But for $40 it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Perma Cool base w/ CAT filter, 4000 miles, no problems.

·
Registered
63 Posts
No problems with my CAT head setup so far. About one month & 2500mi so far. Perrrring like a kitten when it was -42'F here last week.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Not a problem with mine in 17K. I have done several others that are working great also. Later! Frank

Edited by: Frank Blum

1 - 8 of 8 Posts