Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wierd issue with my Cobalt Gauges. Every once and a while, the guauges will not work (the needles). This only happens on start up and I won't notice it till I'm driving that they aren't moving. If I shut the truck down and restart, they will start working again.

Now here's the kicker.. I have the gauges wired so the blue lighting/needles are always lit with the ignition on.. Even when the needles don't move, everything still lights up. They are obviously getting power otherwise the gauges wouldn't light up at all.

What the heck could cause the failure in the needles to move (both Boost and EGT gauges)?

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Where did you pick up the ignition wire? Does the ignition wire go off during cranking? Might want to find an ignition wire that stays on during crank (pink) I bet this will solve your problem.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Tony....you think the quick power cycles are confusing the stepper motors?? Just tryin to figure your angle here is all.... :)

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
I've seen quite a few electronic devices that don't like to come on, off then back on. I think it has something to do with interrupting their first boot up sequence.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts