Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is everyone mounting the sending box for a trans. temp and the pyro? Not a lot of room up under the dash!! Think I read they should not be mounted under the hood.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Here is what I DID. Go to WalMart and get a velcro kit. Mine is that 1 inch or so wide kit that has both halves of the velcro and both pieces are self adhesive once you remove it's protective tape. Down by your brake pedal is a plastic electrical box mounted to the floor which has a nice flat face to it. Stick one piece of velcro there and the other to the back of your control box. Presto! and it's easy to remove should you ever need to! Works flawlessly and completely hidden and out of the way.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I zip tied mine to the metal support bracket above the brake pedal out, out of the way and didn't drill any holes. The velcro would be a good idea, easy to remove and re-install.

·
Registered
289 Posts
That's all good for a piller mounts but I don't think the wires will make it to the trippn o'head mount which I will be installing this weekend. I was thinking of velcroing mine up behind the guages. If so I would want to cut the wires to fit, anything see cutting them as a problem?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
with the Trippin mount that is gonna be a tough one, if you can get it behind the gauges up there then that would be the way to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts