Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new Isspro EV series 40 psi manifold/boost gauge with the flash light sized bulb, and at the same time installed a blue bulb cover to better match the factory gauge light color. I also installed the blue bulb covers on the existing bulbs in my 1 year old pyro gauge (also Isspro EV, 0-1500). Color match is great, except now there is a noticiable difference in brightness from the boost gauge to the pyro. The pyro is maybe half as bright. It uses the two small bulbs. Any ideas how to make them match closer, or is this just way it is since they use different bulbs?

Could the wires be switched on the gauge? Do bulbs put out less light as they age? Could the 1 year difference be the issue, or did the bulb covers hurt the brightness from the little bulbs? My pyro was always a bit less bright, but not this noticiable before the change.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
843 Posts
unfortunately that is the way they are. the 2 small bulbs are not nearly as bright as the one big bulb. mine are the same way. i don't know why they don't just use 1 big bulb on both gauges. make sure you only put 1 bulb cover on each bulb, not 2. my pyro gauge is on the bottom, because it is not as bright, I am going to swap it with the boost gauge and put it on top. i think it is more important to have the pyro closer and easier to read anyway. it is just such a pain in the a$$ to work with them there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts