Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am talking with a dealer on a 02' ULLY, LT, 4x4, Crew Cab, with leather. It has 48,000 miles and is pretty much loaded. I have had the VIN run by a friend of mine at Chevy and the only things that have been replaced were:

The injectors (updated to newer model injectors).

The fuel pump.

Tires.

They want $28,900.

What do you guys think? Is it a good deal? Should I look out for something?

Also, Is the tranny an Allison? Not sure if they had two different automatics for that year for the Duramax Edited by: guinea13

·
Registered
687 Posts
First,
Welcome to TDP.

Second what is an 02' ULLY? Dually? LLY?

If its a Duramax, it has to have the Allison.

48K is at worst, 20K a year, seems like a lot to me. But I'm lucky to see 5K a year.

It KBB's as a trade in for $24K, so that is likely what THEY paid the previous owner for it. Then they jack it up some.

It's not high, but for $10K more you could have an '04.5 with the new LLY engine and NEW warranty. 0 miles too.

You have to weigh your options.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it is a Dually, I was trying to short hand it and did a bad job of it.

The book trade-in was $26,900.

These were the options:

Engine: V8 6.6L Turbo Diesel
Trans: Automatic
Drive: 4 Wheel Drive
Mileage: 48,666

Equipment:
LT
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Cassette
Single Compact Disc
Dual Front Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Leather
Dual Power Seats
Running Boards
Grille Guard
Premium Wheels
Dual Rear Wheels
I am still unsure about it. I don't see how I could aford another $10,000 for a new one. That is alot of money to spend. I am trying to trade my 2001 F-250 Powerstroke in. I am looking at getting almost $25,000 for it. I am not quite sure on what to do. I see your point on the mileage. Seems kind of high. Edited by: guinea13

·
Registered
687 Posts
Dually then. Huh.

Just speced out an '04 LLY/Allison CC Dually SLT (LT) Loaded with everything but entertainment center.

$41,500 Invoice
-$3,500 Rebate

Its real easy to get this exact truck brand new for $38K (which is $10K more than the one your looking at)

BUT....

Do you NEED a fully loaded CC Dually with Dual power heated leather seats, etc??

You can be down in the low $30's in ext. cab LS form.

Just showing you all the options.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate all the help.

I don't really care for leather but that is what I keep finding in the 3500's. I do want the crew cab though. Kind of sick and tired of extended cabs.

Now I am think now about looking new after reading your comments.

I will have to do a little more research.

I think I am going to pass on this truck. I didn't really want to drive 11 hours to go and get it anyway.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Get the 04 LLY you will not be sorry, and besides you work hard and deserve the best

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They were going to give me $24,800 assuming my truck in excellent condition (which it is). and I told them that I only wanted to pay $3000 for the truck after the trade.

They haven't called me back yet. Looks like I am going to go and look at 03 and 04 LLY.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I got my truck used almost a year ago with 42000. It's an 02 model. Got it for $24000. Dealer check showed the only thing it had been in for was the PRND indicator had quit working. I now have 68000 on it.

It's loaded with everything but leather. 2002 4x4 crewcab. Longbed with headache rack, grilleguard, gooseneck ball and a toolbox. Edited by: dutch

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey!

Me and my boyfriend just bought a 2004 Duramax Crew Cab... 2days ago, with alot of features- 6disc CD, power seats, towing package, camper mirrors, cloth interior, bucket seats.

I would say, if you can get ahold of the GM discount... you'd be better off with that!

This truck was sticker priced at $46,000. With GM discount it was $38,000, then we got $11,500 on out trade in, $2,000 for Truckfest rebate & GM certificates rebates, In the ned with tax & adding the 5year 100,000 warranty we only financed at $31,000

Prett darn good I think! So it seems, for the price of the used one, you could get new, if you could use someones GM discount. And getting the 0% financing was great!

This is the advise I give to everyone, especially those who are still skeptical about trusting the Duramax since there's not the long running history as the other diesels!!

Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts