Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the Pinnacle straight exhaust on my 05 LLY. For first little bit until engine warms up fully.......kinda has a whistle and sounds like a hoot owl out the pipe..then when warm, just the whistle.........Am I losing it? LOL

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Is it cold (Below 40 degrees) and is the elivated idle on???Mine has only kicked in once when we had a frosty morning but it sounded pretty weird, kinda a throaty whistle until it warmed up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i live up hear in the north land and it sounds like its just the elavated idle. my truck as a wierd sound when the idle is elavated. from what i have undersood when the truck idles up it also restricks the exhaust to warm up the engine faster and that is what u are hearing

·
Registered
27 Posts
i call mine the hoover , sounds just like a vac cleaner , takes a min to kick in after crank up

·
Registered
68 Posts
ttt

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine makes a funny noise, when its not fully warmed up after you let up on the throttle, it sounds kindof like a hoot, goes away when truck warms up though, Not the elevated idle, it does it when im driving, as soon as i let up its like whoooo.. crazy...:ro)

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
that is turbo "bark". From recent testing I've done, including datalogging the egr, it appears to be caused by rapid commanded opening of the egr valve.

I thought it was inhibited below 130F ECT however.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
i call mine the hoover , sounds just like a vac cleaner , takes a min to kick in after crank up
Kind of funny, my elevated idle has been turned on since day one and it never worked until after my ecm was re-flashed.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It has been about 60 degrees around here, so I don't think the elevated idle is doing it. (Could be wrong).....Sounds just like an owl to me for about the first 1/2 mile of driving, only when you let off, then after that it is just whistle the rest of the day......Have exhaust and fingerstick only......EGR is not blocked, yet.......Thanks for all the info guys.......Brad

1 - 9 of 9 Posts