Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have installed the new ehxaust (4" MBRP) everytime I shut the engine off the smell of raw diesel is pretty strong. Is that normal with a bigger, catless exhaust?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Since I have installed the new ehxaust (4" MBRP) everytime I shut the engine off the smell of raw diesel is pretty strong. Is that normal with a bigger, catless exhaust?

the tuners I've spoken with have all said if the cat is removed you'll smell the diesel. Sounds normal to me.

Jody

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone else?

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Yup. You will smell diesel, especially on cold days.

Nose plugs and ear muffs are the common fix.

:D

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
My girlfriend says mine smells like a bus...Its only a cat-back. Is it true that Cat-backs smell worse than turbo back?

·
Registered
891 Posts
I also get a very strong diesel smell, especially when cold. I think it's normal without a cat.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah same here, catless. Smells like a big rig!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
126 Posts
Speaking of rookies, thought I'd chime in. All I can say is I love the smell of diesel...and two strokes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
All of my prior diesels got better smellin with free flowin' exhaust...:D

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
after the exhaust and removing the cat mine smells more like a diesel - a lot like my parents 97 Ford powerjoke - not just when I shut it down but at idle if you go back and smell it or when backing up with the windows open you can smell it

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, since I started this thread I have noticed that I smell diesel fuel all the time, not just at shut down.

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
I notice that depending which tune I'm running, the exhaust smells different. Some I notice immediately after tuning and starting it up.

·
Registered
360 Posts
My '02 PS with the 4" turbo back duals (no cat) was one smelly machine. I backed it up to our cellar garage door to load something once. Fumes started to fill up the cellar, bad enough to make your eyes burn.

My Duramax with the catback smells occasionally when I shut down and at stop lights depending on the direction of the wind.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.