Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep hearing about everyone with this smoke, but my truck has never smoked. I noticed today that if I mash on it I will get a little puff between first and second, and a little puff when it starts. I have never noticed it before and was wondering if there is anything that I should look for or is it normal, I thought that Hypertech was not that a 'HOT' of a tune? Thank for you help and my mods are listed in my sig. Thanks again!

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Smoke is unburned fuel. Different programmers or underhood control boxes tend to smoke alot more. Products such as Edge, Banks, PPE ect...They all add lots of timing and fuel, which in turn makes alot of black smoke.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
The hypertech will smoke a little, but nothin like edge or ppe. The most you will ever see is just a puff like you explained.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
gray and black smoke are good, they are just unburned fuel. any other color there may be a problem. sounds like the color smoke youve got is right on the money for a hypertech.

the reason you have smoke in 1st and 2nd is the turbo hasnt caught up to the fueling. once the turbo catches up, is supplies enough air to keep the black smoke away

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank for the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.