Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if there is anywhere in the interior that accessable while sitting in the drivers seat that would be a good spot to carry my consealed weapon? The console is slightly too small, and I don't want to put it under the seat too bad due to the chance it might come loose and while braking slide under the pedal.

Anyone have any neat places??

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have my glock .45 in its holster w/ extra clip btw. the seat belt buckle and console on the drivers side. Then I have my .50 DE (Nickle Plated);) in a custom made foam insert on the rear seat where the seat folds down and cup holders use to be. I have a crew cab if your wondering!

I was just wondering if there is anywhere in the interior that accessable while sitting in the drivers seat that would be a good spot to carry my consealed weapon? The console is slightly too small, and I don't want to put it under the seat too bad due to the chance it might come loose and while braking slide under the pedal.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
what about the pockets in the door? might have to attach it somehow so it won't rattle.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I keep my 4" barrel Colt tropper 357 under the cupholder in the center console. The cup holders pull out and there is enough room for my revolver. Not sure if thats what you were talking about when you said the console is too small.

·
Registered
270 Posts
wow you guys chimed in really fast. I must have slow typing fingers.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Well a lot of us have wondered if there's a hidden, secret spot, but I've never found a girl that will tell me for sure.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Kelly youve never found a girl that would let you even touch her.... :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well a lot of us have wondered if there's a hidden, secret spot, but I've never found a girl that will tell me for sure.
You just have to pay her more for that kind of info.

Hey Moscow, what kind of concealed weapon do you carry??

·
Registered
92 Posts
The super secret spot that I keep my (licensed) carry weapon (SIG 229)in is my Milk Sparks Versa MaxII IWB rig, ON MY SIDE! This is the ONLY way that you can ensure BOTH security and access.

Scott

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I've always preferred to carry my pistols in a holster vertical between the seat and console just forward of the seatbelt buckle. Pretty inconspicuous, it's a very familiar motion to the grip, and offers a seamless continuous move from the belt to the pistol if unbuckling and drawing.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
If you have buckets,the cupholder infront of the console pops out and makes a good hiding place...

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
Everyone who is hideing there guns under the console, under this, under that is dead when the going gets tuff and you have less than a blink to act.:badidea:

There is no perfict answer, but in your holster is the best place; incase you have to exit your truck quickly, at least you still have your weapon. Inbetween the seat and console or laying on the console/cup holder is very quick accessability. I'm left handed, so the dr. door pocket is good for me, if it is not on me (where it normally is).

Where ever you put it, practice drawing it to make sure it is a natural reaction and not a thought.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Everyone who is hideing there guns under the console, under this, under that is dead when the going gets tuff and you have less than a blink to act.:badidea:

There is no perfict answer, but in your holster is the best place; incase you have to exit your truck quickly, at least you still have your weapon. Inbetween the seat and console or laying on the console/cup holder is very quick accessability. I'm left handed, so the dr. door pocket is good for me, if it is not on me (where it normally is).

Where ever you put it, practice drawing it to make sure it is a natural reaction and not a thought.
Wasn't this post asking for a HIDING SPOT?But by all means leave your weapon out in the open,it'll get stolen much easier that way.:exactly:If I am IN the truck,it lives next to my thigh!:idea:

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
I was just wondering if there is anywhere in the interior that accessable while sitting in the drivers seat that would be a good spot to carry my consealed weapon?

Nope looks like he is asking for a good accessable spot while driving.

·
Registered
201 Posts
WOW! carjacking must be a bigger problem then I thought or are you all just hunting deer driving down the highway? :snipersmi Maybe I better get to work on my James Bond smoke screen button and passenger seat eject button a little sooner then scheduled. I'm not againt carrying firearms..Hell in my line of work it's job security! But in all my years of paramedicine - any shooting I've been on that wasn't done by a criminal ie. citizen carrying a gun - was self inflicted accidentally and has never been a self defense shooting. Does that just mean criminals get better training? :D

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Nope looks like he is asking for a good accessable spot while driving.
CensoredSorry I misread it.It is a pretty cool hiding place though...I just thought when he said "is there any place accesible to carry my concealed weapon",that he was looking for a concealed placeto put it.

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
I'm all for hiding them if you have to, but it's no good when you realy need them.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
I agree,thats why mine is usually tucked into the seat next to my thigh/hip when i am in the truck.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts