Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the original 10 micron fuel filter the changeout interval was 15 K miles.With the new 2 micron filter, has GM changed the recommended interval . My thought is the finer filter would plug much sooner ! Thanks for your thoughts on this ! Dan

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
[email protected];1565844; said:
With the original 10 micron fuel filter the changeout interval was 15 K miles.With the new 2 micron filter, has GM changed the recommended interval . My thought is the finer filter would plug much sooner ! Thanks for your thoughts on this ! Dan
Change interval is still 15K miles. I've had no problems with the two I've used lasting 15K miles each.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The recall notice I got on the fuel filter stated that with the "new updated" filter, GM is now recommending changing it every 10,000 miles instead of 15,000 like the old one.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Mine was plugged to the point of hard starting at 9900 miles. A lot of it depends on how clean the fuel you buy is. One bad fill could trash a brand new filter.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
I change mine at 10k and it is about 50-75% dirty I think 10k is a good interval with out a nicktane.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
I change mine every 15k, 85k miles and no problems yet..

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Got over 20k on the current one. I might pull it soon, dought it knows what dirt is though....

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I've run 2 now close to the 15,000 mark. The first one I never cut open to see since that one was my freebie change and just turned on a new one a week or so ago, so I'm letting that one dry out a little bit, plus it's also 3 degrees out right now.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
How about if you have a Nictane filter in the pre position?

jb

·
Registered
868 Posts
Cougar GT-E;1570227; said:
How about if you have a Nictane filter in the pre position?

jb
Logically, you should be able to go longer.

I change it every Spring, which turns out to be about 17K miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts