Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going into year 3 on my 2019 3500HD and 2017 XT5 paying about $78 a month ($936 Yr) for service and have to wonder if its really worth the monthly fee. I did use it one time for a dead battery at the airport on the XT5.

The only thing I do use a lot is the NAV function but I'm not sure if I need OnStar for that to work????? I'm also assuming OnStar has nothing to do with my monthly X-M Radio feel I also pay at about $30 for both vehicles.

In todays world we all have cell phones and help is just a phone call away, I understand the crash thing but that is low risk. Anyway what is everyone's thoughts on this system and the monthly fee?

Thanks
Dennis

·
Registered
6 Posts
I sat back and waited until they had a deal on unlimited WiFi ($9.99) and Safety and Security ($4.99). This has come in very handy to unlock and lock the doors, start the pickup and have fast reliable WiFi while we camp. This price will not go up at any time and I can cancel when ever I want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It’s really a personal preference thing IMO. For me personally, I’d keep it because I have 2 kids and the Automatic Crash Response feature is well worth $1000 a year. If I’m hit from the side and I roll, I’m incapacitated but my kids aren’t, the fact the truck calls 911 for me is worth all the money in the world.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts